The Mishimoto Focus ST Baffled Oil Catch Can is designed and engineered to reduce carbon buildup a common issue with direct fuel injection engines. Mishimoto engineers found that in most vehicles placing the catch can in the vacuum assisted PCV system of the vehicle will yield the most amount of oil accumulation during normal and aggressive driving. While a catch can placed on the crankcase vent system on the left side of the engine will yield very little accumulation on stock or lightly modified vehicles. Having only one catch can tied into the PCV system will work the best for the vast majority of Ford Focus STs on the road.
The Mishimoto Focus ST catch can kit uses the Mishimoto 2-Port Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can with a bronze filter and internal baffle to better separate the oil from the crankcase vapors. The kit comes with two direct-fit silicone hoses that connect the catch can with the crankcase and intake manifold. This kit also includes one application specific mounting bracket that not only is extremely easy to install but also mounts the can in a serviceable location right next to the engine's oil drain plug! Two plastic 3/8" barb fittings connect the hoses to the can. Like all of our products this baffled catch can kit comes with the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty!
- Single can mounting inline with the PCV system separates oil particles using 50 micron bronze filter
- Application specific bracket mounts
- Black hoses come pre-molded for reliable install
- Catch Can conveniently located next to the transmission
- Billet 6061 aluminium sealed can
- Defends intercooler intake system and essential components from oil blow-by
- Helps reduce carbon build-up on the intake valves
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
- Filters and can are fully serviceable
- Internal air diverter turbulates air longer to improve oil separation
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- Purchase Includes
- (1) Application Specific Mounting Bracket
(1) Black Anodized 6061 Aluminium Catch Can
(2) Direct-Fit Hoses
(2) Plastic Barbed Fittings
(4) Worm-Gear Clamps
(1) Air Diverter
(1) Internal Baffle & Rod
(1) 3/8" NPT Plug
(1) Large O-Ring
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- 2012+ Ford Focus ST
- Installation Torque Specs
- 22 in-lbs (2.5N*M) recommended for all worm-gear clamps. These clamps have an operating range of 18-27 in-lbs 2-3N*M. Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 27 in-lbs (3N*M).
- Engine Codes
- 2.0L EcoBoost
- Chassis Codes
- C-Car Platform
- After installation Mishimoto recommends checking the contents of the baffled catch cans every 500 miles until a baseline is established. Oil blow-by accumulation will vary with ambient temperatures and driving conditions. It is important that the contents of the can do not rise above the internal baffle.
The engine's intake manifold needs to be removed to install this product please reference our installation video for an easy step-by-step process on how to successfully remove and reinstall the intake manifold.
- 36cm (14.0")
- 27cm (10.5")
- 22cm (8.8")
- Actual Weight
- 1.93kg (4lb 4oz)
- Dimensional Weight
- 4.22kg (Air Freight Minimum)
All weights/dimensions have been checked and confirmed by our warehouse team. This part is eligible for international express air freight shipping.