The Mishimoto Baffled Oil Catch Can Kit is designed and engineered to work on your BRZ/GT86 to eliminate harmful blow by vapors from re-entering your engine. The FA20 in the BRZ/GT86 utilizes a slightly different type of direct injection system that also uses port fuel injectors to help reduce carbon buildup. Even though carbon buildup isn't as severe as most direct-injected engines there is still enough that you will need this catch can kit to help your boxer engine run its best.
Thousands of test miles were logged on a Subaru BRZ to determine what can setup would work the best. Mishimoto engineers found that most vehicles placing the catch can in the vacuum assisted PCV system of the vehicle will yield the most amount of oil accumulation during normal and aggressive driving. Where a catch can placed on the crankcase vent system on the front of the engine will yield nearly no accumulation on stock or modified vehicles. Having only one catch can tied into the PCV system on the back of the engine will by far work the best for the vast majority of BRZ/GT86 vehicles on the road. Mishimoto engineers found that a second catch can on the crankcase vent side will only be beneficial for vehicles with forced induction.
The Mishimoto BRZ/GT86 catch can kit uses the Mishimoto 2-Port Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can with a bronze filter and internal baffled to better separate the oil from the crankcase vapors. It also includes one direct fit mounting bracket that not only is extremely easy to install but also fits right hand drive as well! The BRZ/GT86 catch can kit comes with two direct fit silicone hoses available in either black blue or red to suit your taste. The hoses are designed to fit right onto the 10mm PCV valve and into the 12mm port on the intake manifold. Two plastic barb fittings connect the hoses to the can. And like every Mishimoto oil catch can this baffled catch can kit comes with the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty!
- Single 2-Port Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can mounts in line with the PCV system to separate oil particles using 50 micron bronze filter
- Application-specific bracket mounts the can in a serviceable location
- Billet 6061 aluminium sealed can
- Protects the high-revving Subaru boxer engine from oil blow-by
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce detonation
- Filter and can are fully serviceable
- Internal air diverter turbulates air longer to improve oil separation
- No cutting or modification required
- Offered with black blue or red silicone hoses
- Works in conjunction with aftermarket strut tower bars and diagonal braces
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- 2013+ Subaru BRZ
2013+ Toyota GT86
- This product fits both manual and automatic transmission vehicles.
After installation Mishimoto recommends checking the contents of the Mishimoto baffled catch can every 1000 miles until a baseline is established. Oil blow-by accumulation will vary with ambient temperatures and driving conditions. It is important that the contents of the can do not rise above the internal baffle.
- Chassis Codes
- Purchase includes
- (1) Application-Specific Mounting Bracket
(1) Black Anodized 6061 Aluminium Catch Can
(2) Silicone Hoses
(2) Plastic Barbed Fittings
(3) Worm-Gear Clamps
(1) Bronze Filter
(1) Air Diverter
(1) Internal Baffle & Rod
(1) 3/8" NPT Plug
(1) Large O-ring
- 36cm (14.0")
- 22cm (8.5")
- 26cm (10.3")
- Actual Weight
- 1.36kg (3lb 0oz)
- Dimensional Weight
- 4.00kg (Air Freight Minimum)
All weights/dimensions have been checked and confirmed by our warehouse team. This part is eligible for international express air freight shipping.