The Ferrea new and optimized Special “Aluminum-Magnesium Roller Rocker System” was designed and developed by Ferrea to replace the factory “Steel Rocker Arm System” and eliminate the V-TEC Function. Factors such as weight, mass moment of inertia, deflection, and cycle durability are taken into account throughout the design and testing process.
- Premium Material: We use special high quality 70 Series Aerospace Aluminum-Magnesium
- Alloy, heat-treated to provide superior strength. Manufacturing: Fully CNC machined, profiled for weight reduction, (OEM unit weighs 110% more) which improves moment of inertia, and increases the RPM range of Valvetrain.
- Roller Wheel: The Roller Needle Bearing prevents roller from skidding across the camshaft surface, unlike the (OEM) stock rocker pad, thus reducing friction dramatically.
- Tool Steel Pin: The Tool Steel Roller Pin is compressed between the rocker to stabilize the rocker motion throughout the entire RPM range.
- Installation: Ferrea's Roller Rocker System comes with all hardware and requires no head modifications for installation.