Previously Owned Zumo

7th Generation (2001-2005) vehicle added by legend-ary, Sunday 13th Dec, 2015

1. legend-ary Community Staff Club H-Tune

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    I think because its unpainted.. it will require a lot of preparation. If the weather was good, I would have done it. It much much easier to swap the mount but I don' want a botch job so will only go ahead when I have the means of connecting the wires properly.
    Plus I think I can now take off the card and put it back within 2 minutes :showoff::biceps: as I had to take the card off to check one thing already.. haha
    - - - Updated - - -
    oh you mean paint the trim red? the other side is painted black. so that will need doing too. but I think its not even paint.. its just very nice shiny plastic while nearside is all faded WP_20160212_003.

2. SpeedyGee The Invincible Admin Club H-Tune

England Speedy Birmingham
    Get some gel on it and it'll be like new.

3. legend-ary Community Staff Club H-Tune

Any particular one that you would recommend? I can use the rest on Jazz's side strip.

4. SpeedyGee The Invincible Admin Club H-Tune

I use Autoglym Bumper care but there maybe better stuff than this

5. exec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom London
    I meant paint it black so there both same in both sides, but if its just faded then I guess you can just restore it, I thought it was a different shade of colour or something.

6. legend-ary Community Staff Club H-Tune

legend-ary updated Zumo

View updates to this showcase item...

7. RogerH69 H-Tune's Counsel The Evangelists

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    Really sorry to hear that @legend-ary . You were making such good progress with her, and it seems you were enjoying it, so I'm sure you're gutted having to let her go. If it's any comfirt at all, look at how she was when you got her compared to when you had to let her go, and you should feel pride in what you achieved.

FirstHonda, Nighthawk and legend-ary like this.
  8. legend-ary Community Staff Club H-Tune

I know.. I am quite gutted but to cure the gearbox noise required significant investment which would have blown all budgets however I think I tried my best to fix her to the best of my abilities. With such horrible weather I wasn't sure I would have been able to do anything more to it before MOT ran out so decided to part company. Many thanks to you @RogerH69 specially for helping me out throughout.. did you notice the painted passenger side mirror that I did after reading advice from you and @Nighthawk .. was probably a 7 out of 10 job but I was quite happy.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Parting shots - also updated the garage with them IMG_2638. IMG_2639. IMG_2640. IMG_2641. IMG_2642. IMG_2645. IMG_2650. IMG_2651. IMG_2652. IMG_2658.

Thanks @SpeedyGee and @exec for your advice throughout the project. shame I couldn't take on more challenging jobs but my excuse was weather.. I will get something in summer and will surely take on a few rusty bolts and win.

Last edited: Monday 15th Feb, 2016
    exec and Nighthawk like this.
  9. RogerH69 H-Tune's Counsel The Evangelists

Those mirrors looked good. Not much fault I could see without seeing in person :Smile:

I understand how it's frustrating when you need to get something sorted and have to get it done ASAP. And when funds are tight, it becomes a nightmare. With me having the Prelude as a second car, and a place I can park it up now (new barn is much more accessible with the Prelude), I will not be limited to when I can work on it by how many dry sunny hours I can squeeze out of a day, and I'll be able to leave jobs to be done when there is time / funds, and also take stuff off the car, and leave it off, as I don't have to drive it back home.

You're always welcome to come pay me a visit and do some work on my Prelude if you need a 'fix' :Smile:

exec and legend-ary like this.
  10. legend-ary Community Staff Club H-Tune

Yeah that is precisely the most frustrating part.. working in a parking lot right next to Thames meant I am exposed to quite severe weather and wind and cannot leaving anything unfinished as otherwise the estate owners start getting itchy.. You are quite lucky to have found that barn of yours.. ofcourse you are paying for it but even finding one is quite an achievement.

Haha I will surely make a visit soon once you guys get started. .meanwhile let me see what selling on FleaBay! :Grin:

exec likes this.
  11. Nighthawk H-Tune's Counsel The Evangelists

South Africa
    Fair play for trying to spray yourself, not perfect, but a really good first attempt. If its any consolation, it takes years of practice to get it right so doing what you did was very good indeed. Well done.

Sorry she had to go, you really did turn her around and learnt a lot in the process which was the point of you getting a little fix me upper if I remember correctly. The next one now will be easier to work on and you will start looking for more and more challenges.

The difference between when you get her to when you let her go is night and day - well done, lets hope the new owner continues to love her as much as you did and continues to flourish her with the TLC she deserves.

RogerH69 and legend-ary like this.
  12. SpeedyGee The Invincible Admin Club H-Tune

You did all you could for in the short time you had her, it's now up to the new owner to continue the same level of TLC and get her fully road worthy once again.

13. FirstHonda H-Tune's Counsel The Evangelists

United Kingdom Ed Wiltshire
    Sad to see that she has gone, but as others have said you've done a great job on so many things - you should be really proud IMHO.

Did you tell the new owner to sign up to HondaKarma?

exec and RogerH69 like this.
  14. RogerH69 H-Tune's Counsel The Evangelists

Would be great for new owner to sign up, so we can track progress of her. Plus he/she can see how much work you put into her.

exec and FirstHonda like this.
  15. legend-ary Community Staff Club H-Tune

I actually did so lets see if they remember to... it was for their wife and he was a Ford guy whose car blew up so took advice from friends and was buying the Civic. He knew about the remaining issues and seemed quite confident that he will be able to fix it..

exec and FirstHonda like this.
  16. Nels Community Staff Club H-Tune

United Kingdom JD Home
    Sorry to see that Zumo has moved on to pastures new. You made a huge improvement to her whilst she was yours. Well done to you @legend-ary

17. legend-ary Community Staff Club H-Tune

:Hey:

18. Nighthawk H-Tune's Counsel The Evangelists

South Africa
    Looking forward to seeing what your next project car is

exec likes this.
  19. legend-ary Community Staff Club H-Tune

lets see :Smile: I fancy a 6th Generation Accord but sadly their insurance is too high for me to keep so maybe a similar Civic or even a Jazz but this time I will avoid ones with gearbox issues like a plague..

20. legend-ary Community Staff Club H-Tune