WTF is up with people

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by b18ctrb, Thursday 19th Nov, 2009.

1. b18ctrb Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ok guys probably everyone knows that I am from the States on here and I feel that people take advantage of that!

So far I have dealt with about 4 people on here:

1. pickles2010 ( bad transaction due to missing loom )

2. coco-loco17 ( good transaction SOLD plugs to him )

3. wazzie (Purchased EG tails and headlights NO RESPONSE from seller in 5 days) REFUNDED funds even though I got hit with fees

4. kielcivic (Have spocken and all cleared up)

5. dvd ( Purchased numerous items from this user still waiting for parts to be shipped after he transfers funds into bank account )

These are just a few people that I have dealt with so far. I've sold 3 cup holders to users on here all my rear EG recess plates and one EK recess plate. I posted all parts in a timely manner and have been in touch with all the recepients.

Why is that when I see any of these other users on here and I contact them none respond and they log off? If it is too hard or a hassle to package the parts and have them POSTED to Northern Ireland, yes thats right I have the parts posted there so my friend Ricky who is a member on here as well posts them to me. I try to make it easier even for the members on here not to deal with shipping them to me in the states but rather have my friend do it for me.

So is there any HONEST people out there that are willing to do business or just a bunch of kids out there willing to take people's hard earned money and walk away just cause I am a couple thousand miles away and maybe no way of getting to you!? Where there is a want there is a will so no one is too far away my friends!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 15th Dec, 2009
  2. Bon Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Me! I'm honest!! I've never had a bad transaction buying/selling on forums.

You must be doing business with noobs (don't be offended people, I just don't recognise the names listed above)

3. DanF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Can second that. Bon is a great seller :Smile:

I like to think im honest and keep people up to speed with the parts im selling. Iv not had any complaints so far. Treat people how you like to be treated I say.

I don't reconize any of those names either TBH. Just check out who your dealing with first.

4. b18ctrb Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I guess you might be right on that!

wazzie

kielcivic

dvd

pickles2010

5. MeisterR Commercial Services Trader

It is a difficult subject, especially with a forum the size of Civiclife.

You can limit so that only members with over 50 posts can sell, but that doesn't really mean much.

It is a pity as it make legit members loose out.

I have had a fair share of bad dealing from members of other forums over the years, and it is disheartening.

As they say, Buyers Beware... :Frown:

6. Kentar0 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Mehh...You get some people like that though...

Its always a part that you need desperatley as well lol.

Ps...Me and Blair were drooling over your coilovers when we got back haha! :Smile:

7. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

ye be very carefull when dealing with noobs

what i don't understand is why you are purchasing parts from people in the uk anyway ? hasnt the Civic been the biggest selling car in the states for years? wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to source parts in the states?

8. Boz. Guest

^^^ we do get some bits that they don't dude.

9. Jor-don Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Dude, you need to do some research on the people your buying goods off before you part any money. Its a shame to say but there are people on here who don't really give a fuk about these things. If you have a look in the for sale section there is a buyer rating thread. Have a look in there before you decide who to buy from. Also as stated before, there are quite a few people on here who are honest, usually the regulars with high post counts and have been signed up on the forum for a while. Hope this helps :Smile:

10. SimonF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not to let the cat out the bag so to speak, but Americans BUM UKDM parts. Like, unreal bumming.

Hopefully when my stuff arrives b18ctrb, i can finish my end of the bargain and restore some of your faith in the UK. :Smile:

11. vtec flex Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

yeah thats out of order tbh - i'm always careful dealing with people i haven't bought/sold to before, but unfortunately it is a risk we sometimes have to take! no excuse though for not sending a part that has been paid for!

12. carlsberg Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

how were those looms i sent you in the end? and the fuse bioxes etc?

13. b18ctrb Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Which looms and fuse boxes? The ones that Ricky got me?

14. b18ctrb Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

All I ask is that people keep in touch with me and provide tracking info. So far no one knows how to do that

15. Dan2020civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I sell a lot of stuff on here, just can't find a cheap way to send to the states, but now that i know I can send it to Northern Ireland for your mate to deal with, I will be happy to sell to you.

Anything you might be after PM me and i'll see if i can help you out.

16. al9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i feel for the fact you havent at least had a responce from these members, i suggest you contact admin regarding these members and see if they can assist buddy

al9955

17. SaintGrimm Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

+1 - James was fantastic with me when I had a problem with a seller, all sorted now :Grin:

18. Jonnay Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i've bought and sold on forums for 4 years+ and never had a problem. Funny how you manage to have so much..

19. newkid Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

cause its easier for scammers to scam someone from the states, less chance of them actually hunting you down, never bumped anyone myself but have been done once for an exhaust a few years back so i tread alot more carefully now

20. Jonnay Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I used to buy and sell to people in the US and Canada on an almost weekly basis when i used to be on Teamswift.net, again never had a problem lol.