Tyres & Wheels would these fit? alloy wise?!

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by L.Tang, Sunday 22nd Nov, 2009.

1. L.Tang Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Enkei-Racing-S-split-rim-alloy-wheels-tyres-2nd Generation-MR2_W0QQitemZ280423612561QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET?hash=item414a8cc091

my car are 5stud facelift ep2 same as EP3 stud pattern and PCD is 5x114.3? and the width is 8j wud that still fit?

2. roiphy Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

toyota and misbuishi with 5 stud fit

3. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Doesn't say the centre bore so find out what MR2's are and compare it to EP's, don't see why they wouldn't fit if all the stats match up.

4. L.Tang Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

do i just go on mr2 forum and see then? thing is i have to register does any1 on here know a mr2 owner?! or any1 on here use to owe a mr2?

5. matwilliams Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

http://www.carbibles.com/tire_bible_pg2.html

this might help (various calculators for offset)

mat.

6. CivicTypeReplica Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

i have 17x8 enkei off an evo8 on my car atm and they fit puuuurfect :Grin:

that offset would be just about right, not too in, not too out.

spigot rings can be gotten off ebay for a fiver, to take up whatever centre bore size you need.

the Civic has a 64.1 bore, what you would need to find out is the bore size of the wheels not an mr2 (measure the wheels accurately with a vernier when you have bought them) and order some rings accordingly.

7. L.Tang Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

wow all that to me is just jewberrish im not really clever with the technical side so hence y i seek help on forums, if its so much hassle think i may pass for those alloys on ebay. most of the alloys i seem to be interested in have come from mr2's? jst need to know if they will fit!!! so they will fit right? just need to know the centre bore size?

8. CivicTypeReplica Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Basically yes they would fit, but once you have them you will have to get a few bits together to get em on right.

Or take them to a wheel and tyre shop and get a fitting kit specced up for them.

That should do it :Wink:

9. MeisterR Commercial Services Trader

They should fit... Toyota have a smaller center bore, but since they are aftermarket wheels, they normally come with a much larger center bore with a spigot ring.

Should be fine, but 16x8 seems a bit small for an EP though. The offset is also a bit low (+35), but you should be able to get away with it.

11 minutes left... :Smile:

10. L.Tang Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

lol hehe yeah decided not to get them in the end cuz hassle to refurb as they have screws n studs cuz i wanted ones tht i refurb and these ones cost quite alot like BBS ones do.

11. CivicTypeReplica Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

16x8 on a 2054516 would sit beautifully in the arch at 35mm offset.

I run the evo enkeis ATM and they are 17x8x35 IIRC with a 2054017, and it looks lovely :Grin:

12. japshop Commercial Services Trader

Centre bore

Toyota MR2 MKII is 60.1

Honda Civic EP3 is 64.1

No they won't fit .. is the answer matey..

13. CivicTypeReplica Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

The enkeis on eBay were probably on spigot rings.

This is something you'd need to clarify of course...

14. L.Tang Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

yeah decided not to get them.

So JapShop am i right in sayin MR2

15. L.Tang Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

i didnt get them in the end phew!!!

So JapShop am i correct in saying alloys that have been on a MR2 would not fit my car?

16. aji621 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Adam Colchester
    just need them re-bord a few places would do it

17. L.Tang Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

aji u still got ur bbs for sale? yeah nah cba to do tht too much hassle!

18. jd26 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I was under the impression that if you went 8j wide on an ep that they would need to be atleast et45?

19. CivicTypeReplica Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

tang are you not listening?

aftermarket wheels have a huge centre bore, with a plastic spacer fitted to take them down to whatever size the car is that youre fiting them to.

so, most aftermarket mr2 wheels will fit, you just need to change the spigot/spacer ring size...

and 8j x et35 is just about right.

hell, you can run 8j x et0 with an arch roll and careful lowering!

20. L.Tang Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

got ya man but i dnt know all the tech stuff man and spigot etc never heard of tht stuff before all i know i need 5x114.3 i normally get my cousine to buy the shit for me cuz he works for honda and kno WOT fits n dnt but recently aint spoken to him.