worth it or not???

Discussion in '5th Generation (1992-1995)' started by EGplease, Thursday 5th Nov, 2009.

1. EGplease Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

im not too keen on ECU type stuff but:

i have 4-2-1 mani, CAI, bigger leads, decat, the usualy breathing mods on my ESI would it be worth while to get it chipped/remapped.

what do i have to look for what would i need to do and what options do i have... will it just even out or is there some power gain to be had there?

cheers guys and gals

2. Pearse Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Iv had mine chipped and it cost me 80 quid and i think its worth it mate, it feels more torquey in the lower revs and feels genraly smoother, also set the limiter higher and brought the VTEC in earlier so its milder, and no, its not a shit ebay "spoon" or "mugen" one either lol

3. carlsberg Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

not for the mods you have, just not worth at lest

4. Jonnay Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

no. you need a hell of a lot of work on a nasp d series to make it worth thinking about a remap IMO

5. EGplease Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

where did you get it chipped for 80 quid?

6. EGplease Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

and thanks for your input guys

7. Pearse Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

It was a friend of a freind who done it for me, back garden job but he knows his way around hondas, took ages to do the soldering as the gun wouldn't stay hot long enough to melt the earth points but only took about 15 mins to program the chip

8. EGplease Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

damn... thats not bad my mate has a S3000 aswell im sure he could program mine as its a P28?

i may have a look into it as a back yard special type thing :Grin:

9. Pearse Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

thats what i have, a P28, i don't know feck all about remapping so i was pretty nervous when he started to attack my ECU lol, he has done a fair few around the north east area, he can program the engine management light as a shift light and what have you

10. EGplease Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

thats pretty slick mate lol

i just want my car to run a bit more efficiant you know

im converting to a spoon dropin filter with cold air feed and a B18 TB and maybe a Y8 IM so ill want the flows and everything to even and nice and maybe a few more horseys :Grin: