Suspension, Steering and Brakes worn rear suspension and poor camber

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by Sandy52, Sunday 1st Sep, 2019.

1. Sandy52 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sandy NORWICH
    Had my wheel alignment checked last week. Rear camber is 2 degs and 2deg14, and is not adjustable. Garage (not Honda) advised to renew rear suspension- new shocks and new springs. Honda dealer quoted about £1400 in parts.
    I can find new quality parts (KYB) for about £400.00
    I have also found replacement rear camber arms, adjustable ones. So as a first step I will try that.

Car just had a major service at Honda dealer and no mention of a problems with rear suspension but noted wear on edge of newish tyres, which is why I got the tracking checked.

Any useful comment re the adjustable rear control arms, and replacing the rear suspension parts?
    (I never tow anything so maybe due to previous owner. Car has 75,000 miles)

2. MattBeardless Service Team H-Tune Staff

Towing would cause the rear suspension to be compressed heavily, which would likely cause that kind of wear (as lowering cars generally causes natural negative camber). Adjustable camber arms will likely sort this. You'd only really need new shocks if they're leaking, but new springs (that haven't had 75k of caravanist use) would probably help.

Where are you getting adjustable rear arms from? :Smile:

Regards.

3. Sandy52 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sandy NORWICH
    Had the new rear adjustable camber arms fitted and all 4 wheels re aligned. The car feels quite different. Negative camber at the rear now corrected. I got the adjustable camber arms from DragDrift, on Eby. There are other suppliers, Eibach being one.