Work - the food chain.

Discussion in 'Steam Room' started by Callum., Monday 16th Nov, 2009.

1. Callum. Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Okay - to set the scene, i'm working somewhere I never wanted to end up, but then again who isn't at the moment. I work in a contact center in Worthing for a certain company.

What has caused me to start this thread is the general bullshit i'm above you therefore you do my work attitude, from these so - called managers, supervisors and general shit on the top lip people.

Further setting the scene, I'm sitting at my desk right now fully taking the piss by cruising the internet which if i'm honest i never used to do. this has only begun due to the TWATS at work who get paid double what i do, and get paid to sit at thier desk and cut out fucking pictures of pudsey bear ( when i say get paid double, thats not an exageration)

now in the real world i pull my weight, i hate my job but i'd never quit because, JSA sponges are almost as annoying as the absolute no brainer cunts that i have to listen to day in day out here. i am half thier age however possess double thier iq and qualifications, and it's just degrading.

Thanks for listening.

2. Porker New Member Getting Started

I get paid twice what everyone else here does.

Managerial job FTW.

Suck it up....

3. Bong Guest

I hear you, i'm stuck in an IT job I hate with people who get paid more and know less and just to extract even more piss they are taking someone new on and putting him on more money than me but less experianced, who will he ask when he needs to know specifics? Me.

Like you say its happening every where at the mo, companies taking advantage of the situation

4. Callum. Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Precisely, i'm not too fussed. i just want to go back to mechanics. Everyone was equal. no bitchyness from these fucking girly managers.

Oh and Porker - Well done, genuinely. all i can say

suck it up ?

I'd rather not.

But thanks for your valuable feedback mate.

5. aji621 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Adam Colchester
    orly?

when i grow up n get paid loadz of monies i wana AMGGGGG

6. Callum. Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

you want to what sorry?

7. Site Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

im with you on that mate...i do 10x as much work as everyone in the pub i work...im on a fiver an hour...i think theres about 2 people out of the 15 staff that put effort in....

i USED to cover people shifts, work extra when needed etc....and i say USED to as i realised they just took the piss....no one cares about the place, yet they get paid double what i get....so well...now i don't give a shit...i won't work any extra, i don't cover, i don't put the extra effort in....

i mean i used to come in at 3pm on a saturady as it was supposed to be 'busy'...i would work the shitty 3pm till 1-2am shift....with a 30 minute break.....but when I came in at 3pm all it did was mean the managers and other staff could sit around and do fuck all.....i hate pub work haah! sorry for my rant :Grin:

8. Callum. Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Don't get me wrong if your a good manager, maximum respect.

I have a manager here, who i really get on with. She understands my points of view and is constantly ackowledging my achievments, and trying to help me along. it's the others that clearly have NO intention of doing anything for the money they are getting, and they know they are safe. who do they need to perform to except for themselves? at the end of the day it's my fault if someone else here does something wrong because we are the bitches.

9. Callum. Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Mate spot on, it's like I don't care if you don't.

people just think because of thier badge or title they can be some sort of god.

fuck that just go back to school and show me a GCSE

10. Site Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

well i would work extra etc...and the only people who care and notice is the regulars

11. Porker New Member Getting Started

No worries, part of my being a good manager is being able to give good feedback...

One day, with hard work, sucking up and being a bit of a prick to people you could be in s job with authority and power where you are paid more to do less...

So don't complain, just deal with it and prove yourself worthy.

[/pep talk]

12. Callum. Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Exactly, sometimes all it takes is some acknowledgement.

thats all, and how hards a thank you?

it's the way you work hard, they don't work, but they want you to work harder to cover thier.

13. Callum. Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I've got nothing to prove.

i'd rather keep it real, not be an arse licker, and not be a prick. i find i have more friends. money doesn't keep me happy. pricks make me unhappy.

14. Porker New Member Getting Started

Meh, one day you'll realise keeping a roof over your head is mote important than most things. People won't spend their whole lives being nice to you...

Look after yourself, respect is more important than being liked IMO....

15. Callum. Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

So if i respect you, because your my manager.

Will I help you out if you need it, lend you money, offer friendly advice, be there to talk to you.

no, i'd respect you. but at the same time dislike you - i like having mates, and being respected by them thanks.

(this isn't a direct reference to you though)

I think it's tough for me coming from a "everyones the same, even the boss" environment to a "i'm a poser have shit on my top lip wear nice clothes have one GCSE in drama and tell 120 people what to do" group

16. morris Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Have you asked for more money or more responsibility or are you one of these turn up for work, do job and go home types. If you don't ask... You don't receive...

I've got dumped with responsibility on the project im currently on, asked for a pay rise, was told something along the lines of sex and travel but they're looking at an increase in my rise percentage for next year as they "can't afford it at the moment."

17. Porker New Member Getting Started

The dude dies sound like a cock, what you should do is prove yourself better than him, up your fucking viva!!!

Show him how to do his job and one day he'll be sucking your balls...

18. Porker New Member Getting Started

I meant in my shop, not cl....... lawlz.

19. aji621 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Adam Colchester
    i want a mercedes amg mate that's what i ment lol

20. Porker New Member Getting Started

Ayyyyyy eeeemmmm geeeee mate....