Won't start! arghhh

Discussion in '4th Generation (1988-1991)' started by eifz, Tuesday 17th Nov, 2009.

1. eifz Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

my 91 EF 1.4 dual carb isn't starting, im charging the battery full and got plenty of fuel in her but she's just not turning over, just ticking. Personally i think it might be the alternator or starter as everything is ok as in radio, lights ECT but when i keep turning the ignition and it aint starting it's just draining the battery.... anyone know what could be the problem?

2. eifz Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

my 91 EF 1.4 dual carb isn't starting, im charging the battery full and got plenty of fuel in her but she's just not turning over, just ticking. Personally i think it might be the alternator or starter as everything is ok as in radio, lights ECT but when i keep turning the ignition and it aint starting it's just draining the battery.... anyone know what could be the problem?

3. DILO_ATTAX Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

main relay...?? just guessing

4. DILO_ATTAX Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

main relay...?? just guessing

5. eifz Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i aint got a clue i just want ideas so i can check here and there....

thanx mate :Grin:

6. eifz Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i aint got a clue i just want ideas so i can check here and there....

thanx mate :Grin:

7. DILO_ATTAX Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i had a problem similar, it would just keep tickicking but not firing up on my ee9 vt, i had to solder the main relay again and it helped.... under the dash, above ur coin tray

8. DILO_ATTAX Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i had a problem similar, it would just keep tickicking but not firing up on my ee9 vt, i had to solder the main relay again and it helped.... under the dash, above ur coin tray

9. crxss Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

bad earth...

10. crxss Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

bad earth...

11. chelt_scene Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

my Civic did this i checked everything forgetting the obv i took the rocker cover off checked the timing and all and it was just a stiff throttle cable so it was throwing lots of fuel in and then i changed the plugs walaa so it was wet plugs and not sparking properly worth a shot?

12. eifz Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

will check everything but gonna leave it till tomorrow cheers guys :Grin:

13. Jim Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

sticky starter or a shite connection id say... or your battery charger is no good :Tongue:

14. Dan Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Dan Oldbury
    Im going for bad earth also, But when i had this, it didnt drain my battery..

Does it just give a loud click when you try and start it? If yes then id check your earths first as its the simplist and cheapest place to start!

15. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

batter fault or main relay

or possibly starter motor, try bump starting it