Wondering what this is??

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by DamonT, Tuesday 19th Dec, 2017.

1. DamonT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Damon Co. Durham
    Hi All,

While I was in the gym this morning, I got talking to my mate about my cars sound system, I said the car had 2 quite large speakers behind the back seats, but they didn't do anything. So after our session, we had a look at the wiring etc in the boot. We found 1 wire that was unplugged (duh, right... haha). We plugged it back in and they started working (kind of, I was disappointed at what little effect it had inside the car)

Anyway while I had my head in the boot, I came across this.

I'm assuming it's for the centre brake light which I didn't notice I had due to the limo tinted windows I have. Wondering where the wire is for it?

Also curious to know what this is:

If anyone could shed some light on these, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks all!

2. DamonT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Damon Co. Durham
    Well... I found out what the unplugged wire actually is tonight... It had nothing to do with the speakers, it was the wire for my parking sensors. I now fully understand the reason they were unplugged in the first place.
    When I put my car into reverse, the parking sensors starting beeping, it beeped once then on the second beep, it continued to beep continuously, even though I wasn't near anything.
    I'm assuming they're goosed and need replacing, or can they be fixed?