Engine & Gearbox will d15 and d16 ek/eg parts fit on my d14 engine?

Discussion in 'Honda D-Series' started by bish662, Monday 28th Dec, 2009.

1. bish662 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

same question as above

2. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

it depends what parts. A d14 is a top fed throttle body so you will need a d14specific induction kit. All dseries exhaust manifold are the same. So any will fit. Or are we talking more mechanical parts? Service parts?

3. bish662 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

im on about parts like stage 3 clutch kit, silicone radiator hose and exhaust manifold like you said will fit.

4. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

all dseries gearbox's are interchangeable, so yes the clutch will fit. But i am unsure why a 90bhp engine needs a stage 3clutch. You going turbo. Rad hoses should fit to.

5. bish662 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

im actually supercharging it.

6. gumbar Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

realy? thats kinda cool, what kit you using??

aparently d-series and b-series superchrging is very inificient but will be interesting to see someone do it and to see the outcome.

surely you wil have to change alot on the inlet side of things, what with everything being horizontal mounterd?

7. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

what horse power you trying to achieve, and what kit you using. The only really modded d14 i've come across was turbo'd and itb'd and that only made 180. Alot of money for small increase. You could b18c4 it for less than a grand and make similar figures. But different methods of power are always good. And i quick 1.4is always cool to see.

8. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

He could always convert to a z6 inlet. Would make mounting easy for the intake pipes. D14to z6 mani is a simple swap. Unless he has a jrsc which replaces the inlet mani completely.

9. bish662 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

well I've got a eaton supercharger kit and won't be starting it till next year. i still am reasearching about it on what sort of changes i will need to make and a engine change is a possibility but i thought a supercharger would be different and interesting to do luckly my mate is a mechanic and is helping me do it on his farm.

10. gumbar Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

thats cool,

agreed, would be cool to see a quick 1.4, especialy supercharged as they sound awsome, one of my mates had a turbo'd ej9 and it made near on 200bhp!! (fully built)

will thier be a build up thread??

11. bish662 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yeh definatly when i start i will be taking pictures and putting them up here and saying what its going like

12. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

the only eaton chargers i've seem are on big yank v8. That would be big for i Civic, but would supply epic amounts of air. Lol. I.m guessing they do a smaller kit? You got any pics of it. Intrigued at where it mounts.

13. bish662 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

the eaton superharger is from a mercedes benz and the mounting part will be differcult because we will have to make a frame for it. yeh i got a picture of it ill try and put it on here

14. Darcy Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

loving the sound of this :Smile:

15. gumbar Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

wicked, pictures ftw!

is it the charger from a kompressor of some kind??

16. bish662 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yeh its from a slk kompresser picked it up for

17. bish662 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

1110901080_21.

this isnt mine but mines the exactly the same as this

18. benji-ek3 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

humm this has made me think of doing this now haha hope it works mate as i mite give it a shot on my 1.5 ek3 =]

19. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

intrigued at where you can mount that, as it obviously has to be mounted so it can line up with a belt.

also make sure that your engine is running in the right direction to what your kompressor runs, will be useless if it runs backwards.

20. bish662 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yeh thats one of things im worried about with the belts and it running the right way but hopefully it will be alright.

i will post pictures up when i start doing it.