Engine & Gearbox why the hell are old ass shed of looking Civics so expensive!

Discussion in 'Honda F/H-Series' started by Mabs Kadir, Sunday 2nd Mar, 2014.

1. Mabs Kadir Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

now i haven been on here for a while, but iv been looking for a beater to drive around while my m3 is sat in the garage, while i work on it...so iv been looking at cars i would like to get back into Civic. Thought to myself car be hard finding a EK or EG.Too my surprise i was horrifed with the prices!!!

here is a perfect exmaple. i see its got some coilover and blah blah blah. but please someone state too me on how this is worht 2500, give me a good valid reason, why anyone would spend their cash on this heap?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1995-HONDA-Civic-EJ2-EG-COUPE-MEISTER-R-SPOON-LOW-MILES-/261410674475?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3cdd4a572b

serious is this guy on crack? what so special about this car,,that its worth 2500?? its only running a bloody d-series?

all i am after is a chpea runner, where i can use it as a daily. would of thought having a budget of 950 was enough?

2. lewthepimp Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Look on gumtree.you find plenty of shagged out EG's an EK's dirt cheap.

3. Mabs Kadir Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

thats the thing, im looking on gumtree, and there nothing, i really thought i could find something, just too drive as a beater too take too work and back while i leave my pride and joy in the garage

4. Olly-W Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Can't zoom the pictures on my phone but the price does seem a little excessive. Thing is it is very difficult to find a low mileage Civic, that hasn't had more owners than the local hoe.

Thing is, some of these Civics, like mine, are there owners pride and joy, which have literally had money poured into them. Majority won't agree, and I suspect the usual bigwigs will be along shortly. If your genuinely after a beater, id buy a non modified one

5. Alex.94 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

There's one for sale on here for a couple hundred quid which was used as a daily?

6. Mabs Kadir Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

il have a gander round, but all i am looking for is a basic non modded car,,,,thats it, i just thought would be nice to get back into a Civic and it can be difficult to get one in the budget I've set

7. lewthepimp Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

8. rossco_155 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

They are priced high because people are still paying the prices for them for some reason, iv been looking for a decent eg6 sir, Integra or ef9 but there either rot boxes with moon miles at like 4k and then i see skylines at like 5k odd, makes me wonder why would i pay that for a honda

9. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Where the eBay link that you have provided is concerned, the owner is perfectly entitled to determine their own price. It may well be that the owner/seller may sell for less than the asking price.

Seldom will you come across a bargain so you just have to persevere. Besides I am not so sure that there is that much of a choice if you are in the market for a stock EG or EK Civic. On the premise that a decent one does come up for sale, there is every chance that the asking price may not be to your liking. Demand and supply and the rest of it..

10. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That EG looks pretty clean, and a rare colour these days.

A tad overpriced, but the more people break/scrap/crash these cars the more prices will go up. Gone are the days of EG's as cheap run a rounds.

If that's all you want, look at the smaller engines EPS, they can be had for a grand these days, and they have quieter more upto date interiors to boot.

11. Jono Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My 2001 Accord sport is in your price range, 11 months MOT and 5 months tax, 114k miles

12. mikecivicvtec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If its the 1.8 Accord I can vouch for them. My mate had one and he's a major non Honda guy and he said it was a great car. Economical, pokey, and look well.

13. Shuthan Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

How much you after? I quite fancy an Accord for a cruiser...

14. Jono Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No really sure mate, i just want it gone ASAP

In the 3 years I've had it its wanted for nothing and has been an amazing runner

PM me if youre really interested

15. BenL Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I got my import EG9 for £250 will a full years tax and MOT.

16. -Bradders- Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Can have my boosted sol for that price lol (advert price not your budget price lol)

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 3rd Mar, 2014
  17. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looking in the wrong place, patience, number of things that are probably counter to your search :Tongue:

However, something to be said for Sod's law, you got something you want, 5 will pop up cheaper the next day :/ 

18. alecvincent123 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

This!! Ha

19. Mabs Kadir Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

i would never ever ever ever spend 2k on a Civic!!! period!! as said before why would i pay say 4k for a EG,EK Civic when there are decent cars suchs as a s14a or audi or BMW,skylines out therer for 5k? makes me wonder on what people are thinking? but hey ho guess it comes down too what the buyer is preaperd to pay ECT all that malarkey

im just pissed of really, as i really don't understand why? or what makes them so special to be priced at a ridculous amount?

20. lewthepimp Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Then why are you on this forum? Its for enthusiasts,people on here spend money and look after their cars.If your looking for a "beater" look on gumtree,failing that,bring your m3 to leicester an i'll show you what a 4k Civic can do :Smile: