Civic/5th Gen Why did I buy an auto?...

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by southy, Wednesday 24th Jul, 2013.

1. southy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Little update, managed to spend soome time this weekend on the rust spots and the damage to the passenger side arch, inbetween servicing a Pulsar, cleaning the garage, keeping the mrs happy(ish), etc etc etc. Seems my weekends, my days of rest are getting busier than work days lately!! Dam I need a holiday!!!

Good job I'm off to the ring on Wednesday!!!! :Grin:

View attachment 15946

View attachment 15947

View attachment 15948

View attachment 15949

View attachment 15950

View attachment 15951

View attachment 15952

View attachment 15953

View attachment 15954

View attachment 15955

View attachment 15956

View attachment 15957

2. southy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Easy if you know your way around a car mate. You will need.

1. Pedals from a manual

2. Clutch cylinder

3. Manual box, with mount, gear linkage.

4. Flywheel, clutch from a manual.

5. Some manual clocks if you don't want the gear indicator in between the fuel and temp gauge

5. To wire the auto electrics that plug into the selector to trick the car into thinking it is in park so it will start.

There are lots of how toos floating around. But still should be an easy enough swap if you have general knowledge mate. :Smile:   What I would do is find a manual breaking in a scrapper and just get everything you can see to do with the transmission. Should be no more than £200ish. 

I found when looking that autos were lower on the miles. Just don't expect to be going anywhere in a hurry. Lol 

3. southy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The parts of the arch that were surface rust only were lead filled before skim of filler. The bottom corners on both side I decided to cut and weld new in. Once painted I realy do not want to paint again. Haha, don't panic about the colour it's not finished, needs wet flatting etc. :Smile:

Also a couple of sneaky pics of the inner rear arches. :Wink:

Now I'm going to delete the rear lock and badge just to clean things up. Should I colour code the skirts as well??? Decisions decisions.

View attachment 15958

View attachment 15959

View attachment 15960

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 28th Jul, 2013
  4. MatD Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My micra is an auto, there's nothing wrong with that lmao

This EG looks dead clean like, very nice!

5. southy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers mate. :Smile:   Micra would most definatly be faster. lol

6. southy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hmmmmmm don't want to rub it in but i'm off to the Nurburgring...... :whistle:

7. southy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Realy need to pull my finger out... Was all set for C6 but now i'm trying so hard to stop thinking about Turbos and C4... :Tongue:

8. tesh Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have a full AUTO to MANUAL swap for sale, I was going to convert my EG before it was stolen.

Let me know if you are interested.

9. stubrun Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

autos are awesome.

10. southy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the offer mate but I have it sorted.

11. stubrun Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

if you need any help i have just done my auto to manual swap

12. southy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers mate but I have it under control.

Shiit I just realised what you said. I hope you got paid out bud? Theiving bastards out there need to lose their fingers....

13. southy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

SOOOO managed to get the boot welded and prep'd for flatting and colour!!  

Decided to go with the smoothing of the badge and lock. Think it looks cleaner. Hopefuly will be coming off the road next week so my idea is to park it in the middle of the garage so I have to crack on. :Wink:  ...... Maybe

View attachment 16650

View attachment 16651

View attachment 16652

14. southy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finaly managed to get some paint on!! Been driving it around for months in shit state after Mother decided to kill my Saab.... Women drivers!!!

Will try to get some decent pictures of it all built up ASAP. It looks sooo clean at the back I am now going to have to clean the bonnet and tiny scabs on the front wings!!! Then the sunroof....... I NEED a glass tilt and slide!! I can't believe how many I have thrown away in the past to now want one badly and not be able to find one anywhere!!! :unsure:

View attachment 17391

View attachment 17392

View attachment 17393

View attachment 17394

View attachment 17395

View attachment 17396

View attachment 17397

View attachment 17398

View attachment 17399

View attachment 17400

View attachment 17401

15. Kadir Retired ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Lovely colour!!

16. southy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers matey. I do love the grey. :Smile:

17. civtegra Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Very nice. Will be superb when all fresh!

18. Skunk2Honda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Another fellow Auto EG! Things are looking very good especially that paint!

19. Ashw021 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Love that colour mate. Great start. Can't get over how low the mileage is.

20. southy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

So you know just how bad they are on fuel as well..... :Tongue:  I honestly believe it will be better when the B18 goes in!!!  Cheers on the paint comment. I'm happy with it, just got a few spots on the front now. :Smile:

Cheers mate. The mileage was what sold it to me to be honest. Only problem is I don't want to drive it!!! :Grin:  .... :unsure: