Civic/6th Gen White facelift EJ9

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by ozz9955, Tuesday 17th Apr, 2012.

1. Christopher Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Suuccchhhhhh a nice car! i love facelifts! white looks so nice in cars :Tongue:

2. Jono Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Really looking forward to seeing where this goes mate

3. ozz9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers dudes!

Just finding the last couple of bits (EK9/DC2 calipers mainly!) then hopefully I can fire it all on within the next week and a bit before my trip to the 'Ring! I'll get some fancy build up photos for you all before I go :Smile:

Temporary shoes will be exchanged for some new temporary shoes soon! :Tongue:

4. ozz9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

So here's an update! Enjoy the photos :Smile:

Al doing up some bolts

IMG_1845.

Jon's maturity is clear...

IMG_1846.

Jon's car unstanced ready for the 'ring

IMG_1848.

Anyone need calipers? :Tongue:

IMG_1855.

Front down

IMG_1852.

Rear done

IMG_1854.

Last one

IMG_1856.

Finished photos you say? Haha! Nooo :Tongue:

So what have I done? Well a full EK9 hub swap with 98 spec wheels. Tyre specs are 195/40/16. 282 fronts and 262 rears plus braided hoses. The swap is easy as ever - but the bleeding was an utter cunt! So much so I couldn't take the car to the ring and had to scrounge a lift (awesome btw, you have to go, and we are going again for sure!) I've also fitted a fastline shifter with a Poly shifter mount - but stupidly I didn't take a photo of it!!

All bled now and works a treat - I will be upgrading a few little bits such as the master cylinder - then it's time for step two (ARBs etc) and a good proper alignment

Next set of wheels will be for track only - watch this space :Smile:

Also time for a full car detail inside and out, and then I'll be starting on the exterior I reckon!

Comments and questions welcome :Wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Wednesday 30th May, 2012
  5. din_Shaz Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Really looking forward to see how this turns out :Smile:

6. ozz9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers dude :Smile:

You and me both!! Haha

7. ozz9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I fixed the washer bottle I managed to break, replaced the washer fluid pipe, filled with strawberry smelling stuff and put new wiper blades on.

Stand back, you've never felt such excitement in your life!! I totally understand if you need to take a 5 minute breather...

8. -paul Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Shame this couldn't make it to Germany man, hope to see it next time! What's next for this dude?

9. andyek4 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Awesome! can't wait to see what this turns out to!

are you still using the ej9 prop valve?

10. ozz9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

True that dude! I think we'll probably do a track day in the UK some point this year :Smile: Next is more on the chassis but I need a new exhaust first off as this standard one is SO big I can't fit the ARB! Lol! So yeah 1" master cylinder, new exhaust, then fitting the ARBs and EK9 steering rack, and one upper brace then it's time for a proper alignment!

Cheers dude :Smile:

Yeah I am at the moment - I did the same thing with my old setup with 282 fronts and 242 rears - I regret that setup and believe it contributed to the ultimate demise of my old coupe - the brake bias was horrible and the front locked up like it was a game!

The bias seems fine with 282 fronts and 260 (262?) rears but at the end of the day the valve is wrong, so for my own peace of mind, I will change it out in the future - but I'm definitely not panicking about it! :Smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 2nd Jun, 2012
  11. andyek4 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

thanks for replying to me! i was debating 5 stud, but im gonna do it now i know i can use the prop temporarily!

thanks

12. ozz9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well if you have any questions just fire me a pm :Smile:

13. Kadir Retired ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

JSA is a hero! LOL..

And Al is Mr Muscle!! :Grin:

14. ozz9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They wrapped his S2000 in cling film at the nurburgring, many Lolz were had :Tongue:

15. -paul Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

We still need to get them back for that haha. Least we have learned a N1 will take a condom lol

16. ozz9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Today it decided to rain...all day so it was nowhere near as productive as I'd hoped!

I at least did this:

IMG_2327.

Still unsure if I like it, but probably because it's new to me! Definitely ties in with the rear lights I guess :Smile:

PS: You're looking at the clear indicators btw :Tongue: And yes I know the car needs a clean - that's in the pipeline...haha!

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 5th Jun, 2012
  17. andyek4 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

pics of the whole car are needed man!

18. Kadir Retired ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That is harsh!! :Grin:

I am sure JSA will seek sweet revenge! haha..

Clear side repeaters are a nice touch. As there is no amber anywhere else on the car. And the car definitely could do with a wash!!

19. ozz9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

There's just not much to show at the moment really - the outside is standard bar the wheels :Tongue: I have lot's of bits to get painted and go on, and then it'll look a bit different :Smile:

Next time we go we're gonna tear up the place! :Wink:

Exactly how I saw it - I've put chrome indicator bulbs in there too so no fried egg look about them!

Yeah I will be washing it tomorrow for Mimms if I'm on time :Tongue:

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 9th Jun, 2012
  20. ozz9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This is the only photo I've found of my car at Mimms - Every time I see it I think it'd be a shame to colour code it - so for now, I'm going to see how long I can go without colour coding it :Smile:

[​IMG]