Civic/6th Gen White Ek3... Granny Spec!

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by alexallen, Sunday 13th Mar, 2011.

1. Turkish Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Took this for a cheeky little spin last night... got to be one of the tightest cars I'v ever driven! It's like brand new and goes really well for a 1.5 as well!

Get them Meisters on pronto Alex!

2. alexallen Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

your spot on it drives very well son! it did take some abuse last night though! very surprised it does 95 in 3rd! chuffed to bits with it!

3. ashloys Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Good luck with this build mate :Smile: I had an EK3 before and they really do go well for 1.5's. I had an HKS mushroom filter on mine and when you hit 4800rpm there was a massive change in engine note and sounded really really well for a 1.5! I was looking at another EK3 (in white like yours) recently but the person decided to pull out of selling it last minute so I've ended up with a supersonic blue Ej9 :Smile:

4. alexallen Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

sound mate! haha i find it hilarious with the way it looks atm! people expect it to be dog slow... then you just go ripping it past them... not many of them look like happy customers! ej9's are still pretty nippy i think arn't they... just no VTEC! i'm still don't know what air filter to put on it... did you rate the big fat mushroom then?

5. Turkish Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Doesnt look so smart at the moment does she Alex? *cough* lampost *cough* :Tongue:

Will be looking swish next week when the coilies are on though!

6. alexallen Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

haha, you've got to watch the lamppost's round here, they jump out on you! she'll be looking sweet soon! all in good time son! b-18 vs h22A7...

7. ek4vtiturbo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'd colour code the bumpers, lips, door handles and mirrors white. Looks so much better.

8. integra11 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

get the coilovers on.. set of grids.. KEEP IT PRE-FACE with the bump strips black, rear lip, mugen or sir front lip not EK9 there horrendous, and either diy or buy some EK9 headlights, then go down the b route of b18c4 get bored of it then slap a turbo on it for 350 reliable horses winner... this is what id do but its your car so u style it how u like

9. alexallen Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thats what i want to exactly do apart from i want black rota slips... and for the b18c4 that would be at the end of the year, and i'm not too sure about the turbo part that would be next summer but that's not even an option atm! the only problem i have atm is trying to source a white ek3 pre facelift bumper bonnet and drivers side wing, as me being a complete twat was doing HBT's and i twatted a lamp post, why i done it i don't know but hey ho it's happened, think i might just have to bite the bullet and get down a scrap yard and get the bits and get a front end respray which is going to put wheels and other things off for a few weeks :Frown:

10. JDM'd Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Looking Immaculate!

My mate (Si VTi) on here has a frost white EK4. It has white wheels, coilovers and an SiR lip and looks golden!

11. General Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Looks very clean! Nice car :Smile:

12. EkWEST Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Pretty much exactly the same base I started with! A nice tidy example too. Your options are pretty much; SiR look or EK9 rep! Both are sick, cuz whyt iz win!

13. alexallen Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

whyt iz da bomb! only problem is there rare as rocking horse shit, and i can't find a fackin bumper!! pissin me off now but just get the coilies on it next week! and i'm going to SiR it! you havn't got one have you!?

14. Turkish Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well a busy day on the EK today!

I took the liberty of taking a few snaps along the way. Changed discs, pads, track rod ends and droplinks :Smile:

Not bad for £90 all in and about 2hrs work... 90mins of that trying to remove the shitty droplinks I hate them so much GRRRR!! :censored:

Well it started off well... I managed to round one of the screws that hold the disc onto the hub :angry: Got it out in the end after much swearing!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Old V New

[​IMG]

Now the fun and games began with the droplinks! Decided not to beat around the bush and just chop the bloody things off as they were pretty much welded on with rust

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alex pretending he is pro lol ^^^^

And all finished :Smile: I think Alex must have painted this caliper with his sunglasses on :gaymon:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tune in next Sunday for the second exciting installment!

What was that Alex? Something about Meisters? :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator: Wednesday 20th Apr, 2011
  15. alexallen Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i would just like to point out the calipers will be painted tomorrow properly! without sunglasses on, some may not like the yellow but every tom dick and harry has red one's and i think the yellow will look pretty slick behind some black rota slips! and yes meisters will be ordered as soon as i get this wedge of cash that i'm owed!

16. DanF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good effort getting that lot done mate.

I hate dealing with suspension stuff its always bound to be a nightmare!

17. ctrsam Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

suspension and brakes

i hate both on older cars as the nuts and bolts are seized beyond a joke

good effort though

sometimes i wish i had access to a grinder :headbang: i'd rape mine

18. alexallen Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

it's just such a bastard working under the arch, but it's worth it though ready for the coilovers! please tell me your going to the next mimms with the frost white K20'd ek3!!i really want to see it!

listen mate if plenty of WD40 and a decent socket set doesn't work then even the cheapest of angle grinders will! such a gypo tool but i believe there the best stud extractors on the market :headbang: haha