where to get inner arches?

Discussion in '5th Generation (1992-1995)' started by raep, Wednesday 9th Dec, 2009.

1. raep Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

as title says..... i need a new inner arch to carry on with my build, anyone know where i can get one?

2. raep Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

anyone have any ideas at all?

3. graham27 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Scrapyard and cut them out or someone breaking an EG

4. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Personally I'd wire wheel n grinder them all the way back to metal, cut out the rust and plate it up! Less labour intensive than new inner arches mate! Mega money aswell I'd imagine

5. raep Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i will post up pics of the rust soon but it is very bad. id even consider just buying another shell in better condition tbh. may have a look in scrappy or if there are anyone on here from aberdeenish with a shell they may sell then let me know. cheers for the help

6. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Is there a hole on the inner arch just by the sill? Mines gone in the same place and will just be plated up

7. raep Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

well i have cut off the outer arch as it needed replaced and basically the whole inner arch is rotten. i will get a pic up in 5 to let you see what i mean

8. raep Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

P061209_1549.

there you go mate, you have much tips for repairing this?

9. Performancetek Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yeah, cut it all out and get the panel from honda

10. Bong Guest

That Beever auto panel place

11. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Haha bit more rotten than mine lol

12. Performancetek Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

13. raep Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

honda do the panels? i was told they never did them any more.

14. zombie86c Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i no the outer ones are 300 a side [rear 1/4] mines rotten too..but im cutting my old shell apar and using those panels..its headwork tho, some nice guides on the net il see if i can find a link :Wink:

15. Jake@redbitz Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

This is one of the main reasons i didnt go for a EG this time and got a EK. just can't justify knowing thats under my arch.. don't they get like that at 100k?

16. Performancetek Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

pick me up off the floor lololol

yes, when you get to 100k, they RUST. :Whistle:

17. Bong Guest

An EK can be just as rusty, mileage has nothing to do with it

Where has all the common sense gone!?

Its obviously due to location, how well its been looked after and cleaned, undersealed, the roads its been used on, winter usage etc etc