Wheel, Hub GOD KNOWS what the problem is!

Discussion in '5th Generation (1992-1995)' started by Calp87, Sunday 6th Dec, 2009.

1. Calp87 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

right folks,

i went to put 282's on my car, so fitted them all etc etc , caliper hit wheel, so fitted the 262's back on.. but the wheel was totaly shaking,

so striped everything back off, so it was just hub no carrier or disc,

jacked whole of the car up and put it in first and let the car spin the wheels.. the whole hub is buckled,

is this a wheel bearing ?

pleas help!!

2. Cesare Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

everything was fine when you started?

put the disc and wheel back on and test the wheel bearing properly first.

i don't see how anything could possibly have change from how it was before the disc chaage, are you sure you did everything up tight?

3. Calp87 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

yeh man.. everything is tight, i dunno if i have done something wen i tryed to drive withe the 282 hittin wheel.. tryed to mark where it was rubbing

4. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

How bad have you damaged the wheel? If it's badenough u will throw the balance of the wheel out. How fast did the wobble happen, at what speed?

5. wanstar Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

also did you check if the caliper needed shimed my teg calipers with the mintex discs needed shimed by about 1mm to centre them on the mintex discs. that could have put extra force on the wheel bearing. also as stated above how badly damaged is the wheel? anywho away to scrap a Civic coupe brb lol

6. mu5k3r Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

put the 292's back on and is your are running 15'' you just need to space them abput 5mm if that. thats what we did on justins anyway. :Smile:

7. Calp87 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

there is no damage to the wheel.. , its fine, i have bought a full new wishbone and hub, going to replace the lot!, surely that will eliminate everything!

8. wanstar Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

surely it will m8. the wheel bearing might have been on its way out anyway and the vibration might have just finished it off.