Whats it worth? My Army EG.

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by Chopaholic, Thursday 26th Nov, 2009.

1. Chopaholic Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ok, so i think its time to let the Civic go on to a new owner, but i really do not know what its worth and i don't want to let it go to cheap or i don't want it to seem to expensive, i have listed good and bad points below and a few pictures of the car in previous condition.. Anyone got any ideas on a price range i should be looking?

Reason for sale being, im doing to many miles to drive a petrol so i need a diesel car and also need to try and get some money saved to start my S13 Project :Tongue:

Car specs:

1995 1.5 LSI EG

113k Miles

5 Months MOT

6 Months Tax

Modifications:

- Full Respray in BMW Urban Green A04

- Flushed Bumper, Bonnet and Door strips (Inner holes only)

- Progress Auto Coilovers

- D2 LCA's

- Polybushed rear arms

- JDM Bootlid

- Volk GR-A 3 peice wheels (Can sell with or without these)

- OEM Front lip

- Spoon Rep Spoiler

- Spoon Rep Mirrors

- Momo Steering wheel

- Digital Camo headliner + Parcel Shelf

- Yellow Foglights

- 3Inch(ish) backbox

Car is very solid, there was 1 spot of rust on the car before it was painted, the rust was cut out and fixed before the respray, Car is painted pretty much inside and out and is currently running with a Stripped out rear (All seats and stuff is in my garage)

Bad points

- Car was Cat-C Stolen recovered at some stage in its life (No Damage)

- Driver door will need replaced as someone decided to reverse into it and drive off :Whistle: (have a fresh driver door sitting ready)

- Bonnet and bumper could do with a lick of paint as someone scraped the bonnet and the bumper got caught on a brick in the road one night.

- Engine is burning alot of oil when in High revs so im guessing it needs piston rings/valve stem seals (This might be fixed before sale)

-Very minor chip in windscreen.

Here is a couple of pictures of the car in its "Former glory"

DSC_0066.

DSC_0136.

DSC_0141.

DSC_0017.

The car gets a serious amount of looks/attention anywhere it goes and i have had lots of compliments from many people, but on the down side you get people who ask "Why did you paint it that fecking colour?" :Angry:

Thanks in advance for any help!

Dylan.

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 26th Nov, 2009
  2. Adam-VT Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

2-3K maybe? Could fetch more maybe, but due to it being listed as Cat C.

3. amybaby.69x Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

aww i like thattt, looks cute in that colour lol!

4. Boz. Guest

Fucking love those wheels man !!

Thing with the putting a price on it mate, is that you know what youve spent on it and every person will have there own opinion of what they think its worth. so i think the opinions will be quite varied based on the fact that one poster names a price and the rest don't just follow suite (which is what usualy happens)

Was everything stripped off the car (inside and out ?) when it was resprayed.

5. Chopaholic Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

DSC_0118.

DSC_0237.

Car looks fantastic under artificial light :Smile:

:Tongue:

6. Boz. Guest

If i was to make you an offer, i would say

7. Gary. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

8. Chopaholic Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

You know i need RWD in my life G. :Grin:

9. kahn_v Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

10. kahn_v Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

do you have diffrent logbooks compared to the uk ones? or are they the same?

11. Chopaholic Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pretty sure the logbooks are the same if not similar! The car came from England originally.

12. captain_sl0w Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Id say at most 1500 (it is only an LSi at the end of the day and a Cat C)

whoever said 2-3k is an idiot

13. H22_Dan.. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yea id only pay 1200 to 1500 max as its only an lsi . fecking lovely motor though

14. northwestcivic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

1500-1800, higher figure for a buyer who can see beyond a cat c. although i wouldn't sell for that price if i had put that much effort into it, keep it if you can...

15. no1carper Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

yeh i was going for the 1500-1800 range seems a shame really as you no youve spent more on it than that and its a lovely motor

16. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

effort unfortunately counts for nothing to a future buyer. Its like trying to put am extra grand on a car for sentimental reasons! Anyway back to the car. Its a lsi in need of a new engine, and 3panels needing painted. Is it really gonna be worth more than a standard lsi, i doubt it. The wheels are worth extra yes. But without them i wouldn't expect you to get more than 600to700. You may make more money if you had the bodywork touched up, and got another lsi engine of ebay. Then you'd probably be looking at 2g plus

17. Chopaholic Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

To be honest i didnt expect it to be anything over the 1k Mark.. I will most likely end up getting the few bits that need painted done, I have another engine sitting but im not sure on its condition as it has been lying for about a year and a half! My only problem is i don't want to put any more time and effort into a car im not interested in anymore.

18. 689r Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

this with a good engine > shanner ps13