what size brakes?

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by Ringy_01, Monday 21st Dec, 2009.

1. Ringy_01 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

does anyone know what size ek3 brakes are. looking at the meister big brake upgrade wanna know if they will fit. any shed some light??? and would they fit under standard vti alloys?

2. MeisterR Commercial Services Trader

On a quick search, the EK3 use the 262mm brake system, so the MeisterR 286mm BigDisk upgrade would fit with no problem.

The 286mm BigDisk Upgrade are designed to fit under 15" wheels. :Smile:

3. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

sorry to thread hijack, but do you 286's fit under all 15's, cos when i had 282 on my old EG, some wheels fitted, some needed spacers, and some wheels i bought just plane wouldn't fit?

we really need a thread on what wheels people have got to fit over what brakes,

4. Bon Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

9 out of 10 they fit under 15" alloys.

5. Ringy_01 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

cool thanks mate, i did try n search but it wouldn't work for some reason. thanks for clearing that up :Grin:

6. MeisterR Commercial Services Trader

It depends on the design of the wheels.

In most cases it is the "inside barrel" that counts when it comes to how big of a disk you can run.

Some 15" wheels "curve" in at the edge in order to give the wheels some "lips"

But we manage to fit it under a set of 15" Rota RB, so it should fit under most wheel.

Saying that... I think a 3mm spacer would give enough clearance for most wheels.

Install4.

7. Ringy_01 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

you wanna sell your wheels mr meisterR?

8. MeisterR Commercial Services Trader

:Grin: Those are not mine, those are Terry's.

He help alot on test fitting and developing the MeisterR Coilovers and Brakes as we use his EG as the development chassis.

I have to say, those wheels look mint on his car... really like how 15x8J wheels look on the EG. :cool:

9. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

hopefully someone will confirm or correct me

im sure i read that ek4's have 262's and other EK's have 242's but all the facelift ones have 262's

10. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

my old ek3 was prefacelife and had 262's on. and i bought it standard if that helps

11. MeisterR Commercial Services Trader

On a quick search, it seems Honda have learn something about brakes over the years:

EG:

Lsi: 242mm

Esi/Vti: 262mm

EK:

Lsi: 262mm

Vti: 262mm

I think EK3 is an Lsi if I am correct right?

12. r883 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

yeah ek3 uses 262mm

13. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

ah k must have been below lsi spec that had 242's then till facelift

14. Ringy_01 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

ok now im confused, will my prefacelift 98 ek3 have 262mm brakes?

15. Bon Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

ALL EK3 has 262 fronts

16. MeisterR Commercial Services Trader

^^^

Correct. :Smile:

So if you want to fit the MeisterR 286mm Brake Kit, it will bolt on to your EK3 with no mods needed. :cool:

17. gumbar Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

wow, a thread that is actualy technicaqly usefull on the 6th Generation section??

usualy all i read is

"will dis K and N fit MY COOOOP MAAAATE?" lol

one of my mates had the meister big brakes, .... Awsome! worth every penny lol stopped on a dime!

18. Dr Motel Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

is that terry with the silver with black bonnet and roof EG? Isnt he drving a DC5 now?

19. eca Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

terrys car was in jap performance last/this month wasnt it? or was it banzai :-

20. MeisterR Commercial Services Trader

Yep, it is Terry's car.

It is on Jap Performance this month, and it is a very good looking Civic. :Smile:

We use his car to do alot of development on the suspension and brakes, so that is why I am sure that everything fit and work perfect as it have been fitted and tested before it went on sale. :Grin: