What should I do ?

Discussion in '5th Generation (1992-1995)' started by jaffacake237, Monday 14th Dec, 2009.

1. jaffacake237 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey i have just turned 21 in november and am looking for a bit more speed now.

I have had my black ej2 coupe now since i was 17 and am lookin for a bit more power :Tongue:lot:

I don't know what to do as i have 2.5k saved up and would like you guys help in deciding to do, either an engine swap (if so what engine) or should i buy a different honda with more power as standard ?

Thanks in advance :Smile:

2. Eazalee Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

up2 you really mate, how much do u love your car? hows the condition on it? has it got all the bits u need etc brakes, suspension, uknow everything ud want so u could spend money on a swap. if its in bad condition and you don't mind letting it go, why not go for something in better shape or w.e u fancy

just my 2p,

matt

3. jaffacake237 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I think its in really gd shape, only bit of rust is on driver side rear arch and im talkin about the size of a 50p piece, paint is in gd condition.

I have already got coilovers and lca's, still got drums on back lol.

I just don't have a clue how much swaps cost really lol

4. Eazalee Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

any pics? get them in members ride mate...

as for swaps im not really the guy to ask lol but im sure u can get a full b16 swap for

5. jaffacake237 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Got a few pics ye but will jus get slated as i aint into JDM look haha, got angels on the front and smokes on the rear, purchases when i was 17 :Tongue: .

Still rockin on original 14's and slammed tho :Smile:

6. Eazalee Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

lol dw man get them up. i aint exactly in the "JDM" look but i don't give a fuck either lol its my car so yeah :Tongue:

7. jaffacake237 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Heres one recent-ish pic, smashed the front lip off but do have a jun one that waiting to go on jus when a can be arsed fitting it.

mycar3.

8. Eazalee Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

that don't look bad at all mate, new wheels 2 set it off and it would look lush. get the black housing headlights and either smoked or amber corners

9. ozz9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

10. jaffacake237 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ye i reckon il go back to standard front lights tbh getting bored of angels, really don't like amber corners, really not my thing haha.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-Civic-CR-X-1-6-B16A2-ENGINE-GEARBOX-DRIVESHAFTS_W0QQitemZ140367345484QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item20ae8bb74c

Not sure if thats any gd for the money ?

11. Eazalee Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

thats dear i think mate, best off looking for 1 on here

12. sdots Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

^^ hes right. But for that money, you could sell the coupe and get a DC2 with a bit of mileage? or even a Jordan? :Smile:

13. SaintGrimm Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I have a H22 engine and box you can buy :Wink:

14. Bong Guest

Sell it and buy a newer car IMO, you have a better chance of retaining some of your

15. dozzy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

16. wanstar Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

had the b16 in mine with standard discs up front and vti's on the rear was fine for stoping tbh. only when i tuned the tits out of it did i need to upgrade to teg brakes. u can pick up half decent b16 engines for around 2-300quid then just buy an interior loom and engine loom from either an esi Civic or vti Civic of the same model in this case EG and the mounts of an eg6 ECU etc and drop it in. fairly easy swap tbh would take an amateur IMO a weekend to do with the right tools and nothing going wrong. my record is 4 hours lol but i have a fully kitted out workshop so....

17. Civic Coupe EJ2 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

18. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That money that you have saved up, keep it saved.. Will come in handy on a rainy day..

If the car isn't giving you any problems, then hold onto it for now and just save some money separately from your savings and use this to fund either an engine swap, or use these funds plus the funds from selling your Coupe to get a different car..

Your

19. jaffacake237 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ye i think a got a lot of thinkin to do, tbh al probably spend it your only young once haha jus gota decide what to spend it on, my car or another