General what kind of performance CR-X Del Sol

Discussion in '5th Generation (1992-1995)' started by walter22, Sunday 6th Dec, 2009.

1. walter22 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

good morning. i hve recently bought a CR-X Del Sol - the jap engine with (apparently) 170 BHP. the engine has done 95k, it is very clean and is running on high octane fuel

the car has follow upgrades;

exhaust and no cat

performance chip (the man i bought from says i have to run it on high octane fuel?)

induction kit

air filter

i was thinking about getting performance cams and polishing and porting the head.

any idea of the kind of performance my Del Sol would be getting after these modifications and an estimate on the BHP???

thanks in advance and also... does anyone know any rolling roads in the south wales areas and also of meets coming up soon?? would i need to get any further work done to the chip after putting the cams in and doing some work to the head??

thank you ps i am not very technical only know basics :eek:

2. brown4454 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

if your doing the head gasket and the heads off, get it done

but if not, get the cams, ITR ones go for around 2-250,there a good upgrade, but go for a decent exhaust manifold 1st.

to get the most from a ported head, you'd need to get a better manifold anyway

3. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

where in south wales are you?

got boost in llandow have a rolling road

4. clive Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Id find out what kind of chip it is first, some ECU chips and such can be abit dodgy

5. robbie_g Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i agree , and some may not mappable again, :Angry:

but a good map on high octane fuel with cam's, port and polish and if you get a high compressing head gaskit, (buddyclub or spoon etc..) will give a good increase, and a intake mani/trottle body and exaust mani will help alot more too :Grin:

6. carlsberg Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

first thing to do is takeout the chip and bin tbh

7. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

1st things to do is breathing mods, decent intake and manifold. Then look at bigger cams, EK9 or teg cams with uprated valves and springs to come with the higher lift, you could use a thinner head gasket to bump the CR slightly or put in higher domed pistons such as EK9 pistons.

8. al9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

id say the chip must not exsist or is off ebay, as, if it was anything decent (hondata/chrome etc) he'd want to have told you about it!!!

id get the ECU "chipped" properly first before any further mods personally

al9955

9. MeisterR Commercial Services Trader

Or get the ECU "de-chipped" first... Most ECU chip I seen on the dyno is horrific.

AF ratio is all over the place, and generally "lose" power compare to the standard ECU

10. walter22 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

i bought the car off somebody from the forums, i will have to find out

thanks for replies

11. smithy13 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Where in south wales are you too man? I'm from merthyr