what is the world coming to?

Discussion in 'Steam Room' started by Dr Motel, Thursday 31st Dec, 2009.

1. Dr Motel Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

now i thought i would take a different slant on the steam room section here, people come in here and vent more personal frustrations but this i think involves every one in the UK at the minute.

i am pretty appalled at the state the world is coming to at the minute, especially the south east area and i only realised when i was watching the news and i put everything together that happened recently and i think the headline in the paper today said it all

A 4 year old's girl is shot dead by her father and later dies in a policeman's arms

what the fuck is wrong with the world? lets just state another thing i see on the news

Two 10 year old are charged with rape of a 8 year old girl in west London

Now some more local things which have happened in my area A few weeks ago a bloke pulled a knife on me on my way home. A lad was stabbed in his own home. i was in a pub a few months ago and some one had a broken end of a pool cue jabbed in his leg. A fatal hit and run along with a fatal shooting happened on the weekend. my friend was punched in the face and put in a coma recently simply because he looked at someone in a way they didnt like

i think its pretty disgusting to think that people are like this! Shooting your own fucking daughter? she was 4 years old and she had her life taken by her own father.... what the fuck is wrong with people

2. Ross. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!! Thats fucking weird.

I saw the news today and the father shooting his kid and his wife then himself, what a freak.

Really are some weirdo's out there...

3. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

CUNTTT PUNT!!!!!

Oh wait...is this not one of those threads?

Still, on reading the first post, totally agreed, world has gone downhill...and it continuing in decline...i blame politics but at the same time they're keeping us afloat too...it's one bastard merry go round

4. chelt_scene Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

X2 on the wierd front! SE man not the place to be evidently :Tongue:

5. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Too many loop holes in the justice system. It's leniency in parts I feel may encourage ill behaviour. A harsher judicial and penal system I feel would go far in deterring such crimes.. Just my 2p..

6. Dr Motel Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

i see where you are coming from there Kadir and i couldn't agree more. I recently read about a millionaire who beat a robber who had broken into his home. the millionaire was put in jail for 2 years and the thief was let go. The judge said something along the lines of if i do not send you to prison this would be a sure sign the justice system has fallen apart? How does that figure?

What i also fail to come to terms with is why people are driven to do these things? what sense does someone see in stabbing someone over what most of the time develops from banter or something equally as insignificant.

The amount of gun crime is also going through the roof and its sort of scary thinking there is a lot of people out there with guns and its becoming quite apparent that they don't carry one for bragging rights!

7. eca Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

lol. but yeah, some pretty harsh tales emerging at the moment.

i suppose things like this have been happenin for a long time though

8. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well, look at it, the world's been in decline for years now just that people accept it and get on with life (not hating on the thread here Dr Motel) and to be honest it's a fucking running joke. Sometimes, you get the feeling that the whole world needs a wake up call but it's nigh impossible with everything going on, look at the world, people fighting for so many causes yet for every cause being fought for, there's another one fighting against it, unofficially...I can't exemplify this right now as I'm in the middle of a major msn conversation (if you would like details on how the weather can affect female periods feel free to pm me) but yeh, world's descending into one great big pool of shit and personally, i'm looking out for number one! and my missus and family obviously....but honestly, sure, loads of stuff sickens me and my family, and to be honest we don't understand it, i don't think many people can, i mean kids raping kids?! what the hell!?

End of the day, 99% of people see it, are shocked for all of five mins and carry on with life. I'll admit i'm in that percentile because well...it has little effect on me...not meant in a harsh way but I've been on the recieving end of some pretty fun fights /sarcasm and i've come out of it alright. Sometimes I'm inclined to say fuck it, fight fire with fire. Then I take a step back, look at the world and think...nope wait, we're doing tht already.

Feel free to shit all over this post btw, i'm half outta my mind here so i may have just spouted the biggest load of bollocks ever

9. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

1964; I don't think there is anything wrong in being in that "percentile" that you make mention of. Indeed life doesn't stop for anyone, so onwards we must move.

I do think it is important though, that all these atrocities aside, that on an individual basis, if we can do our little bit in trying to ensure that we ourselves, and those that we care for stray from such dire avenues; then this is surely something.

In harsh times, harsh measures need be called upon. Dr Motel makes reference to epidemic levels of gun crime growth and the same can be arguably said of the levels of stabbing and knife related crime. As cruel as this may sound, if such crimes were punishable by stern sentencing, even death, then I am sure this would have a positive effect on crime rates. The system is far too sloppy.

10. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm in total agreement with you in the closing paragraph there Kadir, far too many crimes are being punished much too lightly. There was an article somewhere a few years ago about how life sentences pretty much amounted to about 15 years? And why is it we have sex offenders, rapists, paedos, roaming the streets, free as anyone else? No, you're correct in saying that the system needs to be a lot more stern.

But the politicians etc are unwilling to listen to the people or if they do, they make some form of promise which theyfail to follow through on time after time. It is beginning to sicken me and I'm going to have to watch my younger brother and possibly even my kids grow up in this kind of world..makes you think something fierce it do...

11. Arshad Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

My freind these are all signs of THE HOUR in other words judgement day

killings will be rife

the world will be at war

men will be women

women will be men

the list is endless

i wouldn't worry about it too much mate youll make urself ill

12. Arshad Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

bring back shariah

13. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

14. Bong Guest

What does shariah mean?

15. captain_sl0w Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

not in my country

16. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

LOL..

Didn't realise you held the title deeds to this country! :Grin:

17. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Buddy, a Wikipedia link for your perusal..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia

18. Bong Guest

You would think I should know that being half Tunisian!

I read a bit of it I get the idea, interesting TBH has to be better than our shambles of a law system but far to much religious involvment for my liking

19. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Would be interesting for sure..

20. Dan2020civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Pakistan got it right a few weeks back when they used an Islamic law "an eye for an eye". 2 guys who cut off a womans nose and ears because she refused to marry him were sentenced to the same mutilation!!

Also, look at China the other day, they're the biggest executing country in the world, IIRC it was 7000 last year!! They give out that punishment for something like 60 different offences!! Ok, for smuggling a bit of charlie it is a bit harsh, but for murder, rape or paedophilia then fair play!!!

If the laws were tougher and the prisons a lot shitter (you wouldn't ever wanna end up in a Thai or South American prison) in this country then it makes a better deterant!