What games is everyone playing at the minute?

Discussion in 'Technology, Gaming & Phones' started by Baggedcivic99, Monday 3rd Dec, 2018.

1. Baggedcivic99 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Abigail Ballymoney
    What’s everyone playing and what consoles are you playing on?

I’m personally a PlayStation lover playing red dead redemption 2 and the new spyro reignited which I’m loving!!

But I have been playing my other half’s xbox for the new Forza horizon 4 and I’m so tempted to buy an xbox1!

What do you guys think?

Nighthawk likes this.
  2. Nighthawk Club Manager Club Staff

For me, its all about PC gaming - I've been a gamer for years and have been building and modifying computers for almost 20 years now. I have often made custom water cooled PCs and my latest project was building my custom water cooled PC into my desk which is still not finished as I am still modding it all slightly as I needed something a bit more challenging that just doing another boring custom WC loop.

20180711_194413.

3. Baggedcivic99 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have to say that is pretty impressive! Really cool set up! I’ve never really played PC apart from the obvious sims :Laughing:

4. Nighthawk Club Manager Club Staff

I must say - I've never understood the pull of consoles with the exception of the obvious costs - for the cost of my PC, I could have bought half a dozen playstation 4s, but thats part of the enjoyment - is constant upgrading, the working with physics over fluid flow, loop restrictions, radiators etc and the practical elements of having a PC for video decoding, editing and all the other geeky things I like sticking my hands into. I am a massive geek by nature, although its taken a back seat a little bit this past year due to concentration issues.

Baggedcivic99 likes this.
  5. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    Awesome setup!

6. Baggedcivic99 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That’s crazy but it’s cool that you actually spend your money on something you can appreciate and enjoy! Haha I have no idea what any of that is :Laughing: I always see upgrade parts for PC’s and I never know what they are :Laughing:

7. Nighthawk Club Manager Club Staff

Its like a big expensive jigsaw puzzle where the graphics card alone is the cost of 3 playstations. :Whistle:Like anything in life, anything is easy when you know how. Funnily enough, the wife tends to get upset when I do upgrades :Laughing:

8. Duc de Pommfrit Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Canada Chester Northumberland
    I used to be a pc gamer until my pc was destroyed by a power surge so switched to PlayStation. At the minute it’s all RDR2 or grand turismo.

I acquired an old pc recently for free so I can play my old games. I need to power it up and find out what the spec is.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Apparently I need to get a steam account to download TTT

Nighthawk likes this.
  9. Baggedcivic99 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Haha I’m sure she is :lol:

I’ve found all of the treasure maps available to me in RDR2, I only got the standard addition because I couldn’t afford the special or ultimate edition :Frown: think you get an extra map with one of those

10. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Mario Kart Wii

Last edited: Tuesday 4th Dec, 2018
    Nighthawk, Baggedcivic99 and andy83 like this.
  11. Duc de Pommfrit Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I can beat that with “3D dinosaur maze” on my ZX81 (I would google that)

12. super sonic Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Supersoni Eastbourne
    Always been a Forza fan since it came out. Presently playing Forza 4 on Xbox 360. Vroom vroom!

13. Nighthawk Club Manager Club Staff

Playing Assassins Creed Odyssey at the moment - absolute massive game. Im around 15 hours into it and have barely dented the map

14. Duc de Pommfrit Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

T
    I struggle to get into Assassin Creed, played the Boston one/pirate one and the London one and don’t think I finished any of them.

15. Nighthawk Club Manager Club Staff

They were both terrible. Origins and Odyssey are really good - big too. I thought Origins was big, took me something like 40 odd hours for the main quest alone, but Odyssey seems much bigger, and more fun too.

16. legend-ary Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Forza Horizon 2 for me on Xbox 360 & Dirt 2 / 3 on Laptop.

I actually had given up on playing games as other things took priority... never upgraded to Xbox One and couldn't justify the cost because I play maybe 2 hours a month, if that.. but I enjoy Dirt 2 the most... specially the Trial Blazer events

17. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

I just picked up Far Cry 5 on PC, it was on sale something like 75% off and as I bought through Uplay I was able to use some of those credits I've accumulated and get a further 20% off. So I got the full game with all of the DLC, and inc the season pass for anything new coming out (I doubt it as a new FC game is out soon) for around £20.

I tend to avoid paying extortionate prices fro anything... I downright refuse to buy a game that has day one DLC that costs extra and I refuse to buy any game that has pay to win loot boxes... Such as anything by EA.

So I end up getting games 6 months or so later, for a quarter of the original price.

I use Steam, Uplay & GOG and have around 220 games now... Stretching back to the late 90's.
    - - - Updated - - -
    I've got the Dirt series on Steam, can't remember exactly which ones... But I think it's Showdown, 2, 3 & Rally.
    - - - Updated - - -
    I refuse to buy games that have very short gameplay... unless I can get it for a few pounds.

I picked up the Witcher 3 on Steam in the summer sale, and it took me over 100hrs to complete it... and I still had a few minor side missions left to do. Just Cause 2 was another game that took me more than 100hrs to complete.

Compare that to the Wolfenstein series (Old Blood, New Colossus and so forth that could be finished in around 12hrs... No way am I willing to pay more than about £5-10 for games like that.

18. Nighthawk Club Manager Club Staff

Assassins creed Odyssey is probably one of the most beautiful games graphically that I have ever played. These images are actual gameplay screenshotted straight from the game. No alterations made. Everything is running on Ultra, still getting mid 90fps. Everything you see can be explored

Last edited: Thursday 27th Dec, 2018
    legend-ary and Guy at H-Tune like this.
  19. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    That's some awesome scenery! :Thumbup:

honda_saj likes this.
  20. Nighthawk Club Manager Club Staff

If it wasnt for the fact that everyone wanted to cut your head off - I would quite happily move to a place like that