What Civic to start with 'advice needed'

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by vtec_si, Monday 14th Dec, 2009.

1. vtec_si Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I currently own a 2002 red EP3, I now want an older Civic with a turbo lump but Im not sure what base model to start with, could someone give me some advice?

Thanks Simon:Grin:

2. Porker New Member Getting Started

3. Mabs Kadir Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

go for the eg5 d16z6 lump

4. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

it depends what engine you want to start with, b16, or d16z6.

my advice is get a car with the engine of choice already fitted. saves alot of hassle

5. vtec_si Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks guys. I want a bit of a cheapish winter project, I did fancy using the b16 engine and run it stock but Im not to sure. I would love to do a k20a conversion but I heard the gear linkage is a pain to sort out.

I best getting researching.. :Smile:

6. 689r Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

EK9 then get a B18C4 and turbo that.

7. natune Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

have you considered something non-honda thats turbo'd as standard.. mite make life alot easier?

8. Lance Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

turbo your EP3

9. bigd89 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

:Wink:

10. Dan Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Dan Oldbury
    Find something thats OBD1... That shits where its at, Saves changing tanks and lines and other rubbish stuff too!

11. Blair Guest

Just turbo the EP, And buy an EK9 or something with a B16a2 as ur new run around with some power still ?

12. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

K20>B18>B16>D....

Turbo the K series you have. Actually scrap that. Why spend 2k+ on a turbo or supercharger when you can fit a K24 bottom end for 1K, K20/24 engine slays a JRSC K20 @ 8psi

13. Vince Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Because a stock K20 can push 450bhp+ on stock internals with a good turbo setup.