What chasis code is a 98 BMW?

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by Relentless, Tuesday 8th Dec, 2009.

1. Relentless Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I see a Tourer everyday and the more I see it the more I like it, its got some 18" BBS wheels a front lip and a proper angel eye conversion not a cheap ebay job and it looks so clean and sounds amazing

Anyone know much about that kind of age BMW, reliability etc?

I'm considering dropping my budget and running a cheaper car and TBH i'm starting to fancy a change, looked into the Accords, the Type-S is too expensive which is a shame but I CBA spending

2. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

E36 ma man :Smile:

only ones i've had have been 4Cyls, but they are cracking on fuel and all I've ever replaced is consumables :Smile:

my current ones on about 100odd thousand

3. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/e_code.shtml

4. Fong Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

1998? theirs 2 shapes man either the E46 or E36

5. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

E46 came out in 1999 mate

6. Fong Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

it was late 1998.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_3_Series_%28E46%29

7. Bong Guest

Just google imaged E36 and its that shape, thanks for that, when you think about it their over ten years old, this Tourer I keep seeing looks brand new, bet its had a respray and such

It confused me because my neighbour has a much more modern looking BMW but its only an X plate, that must be an E46 maybe

8. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

9. Fong Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yeah X plate would be E46 shape

10. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

E30 M3

E30-M3-S14-turbo+(9).

E36 M3..

[​IMG]

E46 M3..

[​IMG]

E92 M3..

[​IMG]

11. Fong Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

lol i know it came out late 1998 because my uncle has one on a S reg and log book says 1998!

12. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yep, the E46 looks so much more up to date, the E36 looks really dated now :Smile:

going for anything i'd defo take an E46 over an E36 if i was buying for a car for keeping :Smile:

13. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

did you read my quote?

bong was asking about a tourer....they came out in 1999....

14. Bong Guest

Nice pics Kadir, when I think about it, my ex step uncle (if that makes sence!) had an E36 M3 in that blue colour, soft top with grey leather, I was about 19 and it was brand new and he took me out in it, remember the noise it made but he was still breaking the engine in

I love the look of that shape, funny because I used to hate it, oh how things change as you get older

15. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The older shapes are much more menacing. Im not sure what they did with the E46 M3 as that is my least favourite of the bunch. Perhaps the E46 was let loose at an American burger bar.