Engine & Gearbox What Alloys to get???!!! Ideas?!

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by L.Tang, Sunday 22nd Nov, 2009.

1. L.Tang Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I am in need of some alloys quite desperately roughly don't want to spend more than 500 with or without tyres 16inh to 17inch. I just don't know what to go for as i have had Rotas before and did have BBS before i aquaplained and smashed one of them up but can't get a replacement due to the fact the model i have is discontinued. I am after Black,White, or Bronze, and JDM makes for example rays, enkei, works etc i know i woulnt get them brand new for the 500 budget but 2nd hand i don't mind as i would probaly plan to do a refurb soon.

anyways i was thinking brand new rota cirucuit 10's in bronze in 17inch??

anyways heres a pictures of my car!!!

and tell me your ideas!!!

Most recent pic of my car:

IMG_47121.

01022009044-1.

IMG_3238.

2. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Rota Torques in gunmetal..

3. EP_twinsan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yo wat u doin with ur old 1s??? dib if ur sellin them...lolzz :Grin:

4. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

5. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Gunmetal Torques would look 8)

Would say Bronze usually on Cosmic's but I doubt it'd go with the bonnet/tints on yours.

6. CivicTypeReplica Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

mate you need some offset.

www.xxrwheels.com

7. MUGEN-RR Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

DSC00444.

DSC00454.

i got a set of these in 17"??

8. Bong Guest

Agree with that, will look good

Or Team Dynamics Pro Race always look great on EP

9. kipper Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

16" rota slips :Tongue:

Your circuit 10's sound like an idea aswell, Mugen look :Wink: .

10. CivicTypeReplica Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

LET'S TRY TO BREAK THE MOULD HERE FOLKS!

Rota, Team Dynamics, OZ ... yawn.

11. Sandy. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Some of these in gunmetal would look fantastic IMO

MO1682_l.

if you can't stretch to the real deal team dynamics pro race 3's are nearly the same and a lot cheaper.

12. kipper Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Maybe he wants his car to functional?

13. CivicTypeReplica Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

No doubt, and believe you me i'm the last person to sacrifice performance for appearance.

But, you can sacrifice a little freshness and keep optimum geometry, whilst still getting a set of killer wheels to look good.

I have my car low, but just high enough so that it can take my track wheels, my 16x7s or my 17x8s. The geometry is setup for track use, but it drives and looks good on the road too.

Alls Im saying is that there's far too many EPS out there rocking torques, 1.2s and various OZs. Pains me to say it but a hellalot of people are now fitting gt3s, which forced me to consider other styles.

Tang sounds like a cool dude with an eye for the style, sometimes you just need help to see past the rota barrier that has swept the uk jap communities these past few years.

Buddyclub p1s are excellent value if you want function, they look race bred too, shame they don't do a 16x8. I use them on track with a 225/600-16 cut slick, they weigh next to nothing so do a great job, but I need a wider stance for the street.

Hth, sam

14. EP_twinsan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hey Mugen RR

the ep is 5 stud mate so it won't fit!!!!...lolzz

Rota Torque Drift would look nice on ur car or Rota GTR Drift

15. L.Tang Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

i agree with civictypereplica i want to get something different i have had rotas before too many ppl got O.Z. im thinking super advans SA3R's any ideas on what colour? ovi i get them 2nd hand so may not have the luxury of choice, but only thing i don't like bout them alloys are the centre caps grr!!?!! what do you guys think bout super advans SA3R'S?

AND ep2 twinsan, my old alloys are fuked only got 3 in mint with no marks nut one tht is written off due to aqua plaining in the water smashin into a curb at high speed my fault tbh im gunna admit was driving too quik for the weather cuz had to pick my f**kin bro up frm a party!!! and i was late :Angry:

16. L.Tang Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

sandycheeks what are those alloys u shown me i do quite like them.

17. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tang where you getting them 2nd hand advan's from? ebay?

18. L.Tang Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

nah on forums init lik jap forums not Civic forums.

anyways do any of you guys know if Nissan S14 alloys wud fit my car?

19. scottboy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

PCD is the same so technically yes, offset may be too low tho

20. L.Tang Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

scottboy WOT is the lowest offset i can get away with then mate? and would 8j width be ok?