What a bunch of muppets :D

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by civic_bitch, Thursday 26th Nov, 2009.

1. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hey

Went to the Motor Factors Andrew Page, bloke comes out, I said;

"Hiya, im after an oil sump gasket for a B18c4 engine." Simple as that, he said no bother, whats the reg.. I aint got it sorry but thats the engine, lol...

Anyways, he come back and said sorry, can't get it, the suppliers said these parts are still in production, lol... I said 'what' its just a bloody MB6 Civic or whatever came outta my mouth, lol.. considering this is a national motor factors they doing well, lol

Anyways, went straight to my local one called NPA and im getting it a half 11 today...

Eeeeee... what a laugh I had walking away :Grin:

Ashleigh

2. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

what you should have said was 1998 Civic Vti 1.8....you would have got it straight away :lol:

3. Lex. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You have to remember these people are trained to put a reg or car into a system to bring up all the parts.

There arent going to know every single engine or chassis code. :Wink:

4. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Aye but he said he tried that code and he stocks nothing at all for that engine... Then I said 1.8 vti, bla bla bla and he was like nope still don't do it :?

5. SimonF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sound's like you walked into a company that deals with hundreds of thousands of engines and chassis variations, yet expected them to know one specific one?

Do what i did when i was looking for Prelude pads for my front brake upgrade on the EG6, go onto piston heads, find a MB6 (Prelude in my case obviously) and use that reg, job done and makes their life a thousand times easier. Help them, they help you.

6. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

7. WELZ Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I wish more people like you would come into my motor factors!

I tend to get customers who don't even know what car they drive, let alone the engine code lol!

That stuff about their suppliers still having the part in production is bullshit.

8. Jasonday2007 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've done the old piston heads for a reg to order parts in trick.

Keeps the dealers & suppliers sweet... they look at you like a right dick if you tell 'em you've got an engine swap or Integra import brakes.

They just don't understand... but with a simple reg, they smile and say that'll be with you by such and such.

9. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i tend to find that if you know the chassis code of the car, the book has it in there

I.E, i wanted service stuff for the H22...went to TMS, and was like need this this and this for a Prelude 2.2 import 1993. i know its a BB1 or a BB4 so the guy got the book out and sure enough, in the corner of the page it said BB1....

simples :Smile: