Introductions Whaddup!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mike at H-Tune, Wednesday 2nd Jan, 2019.

1. Mike at H-Tune Admin Team H-Tune Staff

United Kingdom Mike Corby
    Hey all, it's Mike here,

Just a quick introduction, I have been working at H-Tune for 6 months now and I work on the Admin & Brand side of things,
    expanding our catalogue and dealing with custom product requests.

I drive a fairly stock CL9, it needs lowering and a better low end torque which I am hoping to sort out at some point this year. Long term, I'd love a new clutch & flywheel along with a shorter ratio gearbox and perhaps a cheeky LSD.

Attached a picture of the monster truck.

MVIMG_20171130_154948~3.

2. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    Hello @Mike at H-Tune welcome to the forum, nice to have you on board.
    Hmmm stock but still looks stunning and well maintained, black car are hard to keep clean lol

Mike at H-Tune likes this.
  3. rimmo Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Charlie Brigg North Lincs
  4. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to the forum @Mike at H-Tune :Hey:

That looks like a well-kept CL9! :Thumbup:
    You say it's "Reflashed", is that with a LittleBo ECU?

"Monster Truck" :lol:

5. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello and welcome

6. Guy at H-Tune Warehouse Manager H-Tune Staff

United Kingdom Guy Gloucester
    Hi @Mike at H-Tune it must be on the applicant that you must own a cool Honda with an S2000, DC5 and CL9 on the line up :Grin: If you have time have a look at the journey my CL9 has been on with many highs and lows but are certainly a great car if willing to put the money into them. I'm sure @Leo at H-Tune has already been influencing upcoming mods for it as he did with me :Tongue:

7. Mike at H-Tune Admin Team H-Tune Staff

Thank you, I originally planned for grey but I've said to myself if a right black comes about I will take it :Smile:. I regularly service it and I've fixed things that needed fixing, now I just need mods! It is hard to keep clean but I am more of a driver than a cleaner :Grin:. The photo is stunning, not the CL9 do not get confused lol, shout out to Google Pixel 2 :Grin:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Thanks! Yep, LittleBo reflash, reflashed by Frazer in the UK :Smile:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Hey @K24 CL9 GUY, that it is not but it certainly helps :Smile:. I will take a look, I know that you have the supercharged CL9, I think everybody knows that owns a CL9 in this country :Grin:. @Leo at H-Tune has influenced me to get the accord without any intentions, at the time I've had a MX5 and I was looking into something bigger and more comfortable yet still a bit fun. I ended up with a 330ci which lasted 2 months before getting the accord, love the look of them. I've been lucky enough to drive Leo's CL9, it's definitely a great car if you chuck money into it!

Guy at H-Tune and DrSam like this.
  8. Leo at H-Tune Director H-Tune Staff

United Kingdom DeviateDefiant Kettering
    Mike hears no end from me about his CL9, it's a pretty tidy example! It was great seeing his Acura TL rear ARB go on as I got to see a direct comparison with stock, whereas mine got the front on and several other bits at the same time.

It most definitely needs lowering sharpish though :Grin:

Guy at H-Tune and Mike at H-Tune like this.
  9. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

I've got one of those too, perks up the mid-range nicely to kind of how it should have been from the factory.

10. Mike at H-Tune Admin Team H-Tune Staff

A lot of "bang for your back" as they say, understeers a lot less, feels more rigid and doesn't lean as much, still looks like a monster truck tho, lowering needs to happen this year.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Indeed, brings it more to life for sure, I feel like it needs a bit more on the low end now and shorter gears, the gears are soooooo long :Sobbing:

11. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

If I decide to keep mine shorter gears is defo the next mod.
    - - - Updated - - -
    I've actually got a spare EP3 gearbox lying around but ironically sold the very good low mileage CL9 box that I had lying about very recently.

It's the thought of all the work needed to swap the gearbox over that puts me off, subframe has to come off.

12. Nighthawk Club Manager Club Staff

If when you lower it, if you happened to accidentally end up with a set of CU2 coilovers as well, I might well be able to find them a home :Whistle::Laughing:

Mike at H-Tune and honda_saj like this.
  13. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom saj east london
    HI Mike,

Definately do the flywheel and clutch, i have just fitted action stage 2 clutch and lightweight flywheel, it makes a good difference and really frees up the engine. the EP3 gearbox mod whilst it does work it pays off to get someone who does before as you don't want to keep dropping subframe.

14. Mike at H-Tune Admin Team H-Tune Staff

I hear you on this one, also the financial side of it is not pretty neither.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Yep I agree with you, ideally I want it all done in one however the cost involved is not pretty :Grin:

honda_saj likes this.
  15. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

cost with cars never is recently spent around £900 doing clutch and lightwieght flywheel, seconhand gearbox, driveshaft and new battery
    However car drives nice and really pulls with lightweight flywheel.

16. Mike at H-Tune Admin Team H-Tune Staff

True that, that's not that bad for all that to be honest, you've done the work yourself?

17. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That is a story in itself, a good friend of mine arranged a garage however he was unavailable so he sent me to another garage who were ultra cowboys so i worked and my friend worked with this so called mechanic to complete all works, he claimed to have 40 years experience and never has seen a lightweight flywheel or stage2 clutch. :bleh::shock:

18. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

I think you could write a whole about this storey :Rolf:

honda_saj likes this.
  19. Nels Club Moderator Club Staff

Mike at H-Tune and honda_saj like this.
  20. Mike at H-Tune Admin Team H-Tune Staff

hahaha was he under 40 too by any chance? :Laughing:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Hey Nels!