Suspension, Steering and Brakes Wet brakes?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2006-2011)' started by CiviK, Wednesday 6th Feb, 2019.

1. CiviK New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Konrad Kurowsk heysham
    Hello,

I got some strange problem with breaks.
    After rain car is not sttoping, and move on smothly, and is always very wet inside.
    What's that can be?

Regards.
    CiviK.

2. Zebster Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The brakes won't stop the car when it has been raining? That sounds like an emergency situation.

3. CiviK New Member Getting Started

It does stops but is jumping
    Especial when I do it gently

4. Sandy52 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sandy NORWICH
    Water does have a significant impact of braking performance, but is usually dispersed very quickly when you use the brakes.
    How are the brakes getting so wet? Are you driving through deep water regularly?

Wet carpets inside the car can be caused by various issues like blocked drains at bottom of windscreen, or poor/damaged door seals, blocked drains in bottom of doors.

5. Nighthawk Club Moderator Club Staff

By "jumping", do you mean the brakes are juddering under soft application?

As others have said - how are the brakes getting so wet? As in soaked? Are you driving through deep water? If so, that would also explain any damp within the car as well depending on how deep the water is.

honda_saj likes this.
  6. CiviK New Member Getting Started

I don't drive in deep water, but problems with breaks always start at wet weather.
    If I press them fee times hard to the end problem sims to go for some time??
    - - - Updated - - -
    PS. How to unblock drains at bottom of windscreen?

7. Zebster Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That sounds like there's air trapped in the hydraulic system.

honda_saj, Sandy52 and Nels like this.
  8. rimmo Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Charlie Brigg North Lincs
    Regarding the wet carpets check the pollen filter if it is wet there is a good chance your AC drain is blocked.

Location of the drain hose. maxresdefault.

DrSam likes this.
  9. Sandy52 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sandy NORWICH
    Check the bottom of the windscreen - and clear all the leaves and debris from all along the width of the car. CHeck under the bonnet as well and clean all around the bulkhead at base of the screen. If that does stop it then the drain maybe blocked so you will need to find the drain and clear it. You will need to find the drains. You will need a car manual to give you the information you need.

From what you describe this sound like the brake system need to go a garage and have the brakes bled all round to release air in the system, it would make sense to renew the brake fluid at the same time.

Have you checked the brakes? Are the discs and pads in good condition? If not then you will need to replace them.

Running the A/C all the time will help dry out carpets, but if they are really wet you will need to remove them and let them dry out.

good luck

10. CiviK New Member Getting Started

Thank You Very Much for all that help!
    After visit to honda dealer thay say about 1 gear problem - 500 pounds... Now I drive on t-shift and it sims to be better.
    Regards to wet inside window - I found to not filup water tank for wipers to much, so its better. There has to be something wrong with auto transmision and heating under hood.

honda_saj likes this.