Media West Midlands meet - RAF Cosford 22nd May 2016

Discussion in 'Events & Meets' started by jimjams, Tuesday 10th May, 2016.

1. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm from Wales, and I wouldn't call that rain, just a light drizzle. guess its because i'm used to it?

K24CL9Guy and Nels like this.
  2. Nels Club Moderator Club Staff

It saved me watering some of the plants when I got home :Laughing:

Harvey likes this.
  3. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

means I don't have to add any more water to the fish pond either,

4. Nels Club Moderator Club Staff

Watch out for Herons

Harvey likes this.
  5. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

its a small pond with a grand total of 5 fish

6. Nels Club Moderator Club Staff

They don't mind. It's easy pickings for them.

Harvey likes this.
  7. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well if the heron has fed I can restock you I've got over 30 in mine. Wish they would stop breeding.

Harvey likes this.
  8. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

cool! I think mine might be starting to breed, as I have noticed one chasing another around.

MickyB likes this.
  9. HondaHeritage Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    great effort every one super turn out and plenty of interesting pictures :Grin:
    welldone jimjams for persevering to make the event happen
    it will be great to see more events completed over the year

10. legend-ary Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    The pics make me all jelly! Fantastic to hear that you guys enjoyed and glad you took so many photos :Smile:

Harvey, K24CL9Guy and Timbell80 like this.
  11. Ichiban Retired ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    Guys late to the scene but bang up job in organising the event and glad everyone enjoyed it, some fantastic pictures.

@jimjams and @MickyB there was some method in your madness after all :clap::salute:

K24CL9Guy and MickyB like this.
  12. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks.
    It was a really good day meeting new friends and catching up with some very nice old friends.

K24CL9Guy, Nels, Harvey and 1 other person like this.
  13. Ichiban Retired ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    Good stuff so you all fired up to do the next show without the bunfight ? :Wink: you now know how to enrage the relics on here.:drinking:

14. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I am a relic:Grin:

15. jimjams Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

@Ichiban in order to be fair I feel the need to put the record straight.

The reason this took place is primarily due to @MickyB because he started the thread "2016 Meetings" 2016 Meetings (Planning - ) .

In that thread he was proposing a "national" event/meeting in a "central" location, and he was suggesting maybe Donington. However @Zebster mentioned in that thread that Cosford was also potentially central, so the fact that this particular meeting took place is secondarily due to zebster.

The reason I got involved is that I felt that a "regional" meeting organised as a Midlands/West Midlands meeting stood a chance of a higher turnout, hence I started the (now deleted) "West Midlands Meet(s) 2016" thread, with a deliberate "west midlands bias" at Cosford (and the map in #1 shows that West Midlands is a decent catchment area with good access from adjoining areas)

This thread spawned from that thread, mainly because I had observed the interest from several people, who I then contacted by PM to see how far it would be for them to travel. Other than MickyB the radius that people traveled was about 60 miles (including myself). The reason that MickyB traveled 110 miles was basically because he had been the prime mover all along, and also because he wanted to meet people to put faces to names (which is why we all went I suppose).

I hope that's not too convoluted but that is a summary of how it came together.

It was great meeting everyone, and some excellent pictures on the previous couple of pages.

16. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Am looking up some details about the tanks etc as I couldn't answer all the questions especially the Russian APC so 'Stand by Your Beds ' tanks @jimjams it was a great day very much enjoyed it.
    Even my blooper in the car park.
    There was a Civic with reg number ending OWL he was getting in it and I said to him on mucca you from Sheffield then, reply no pal Liverpool. Oh what a t**t I felt hillsborough and all that so I quickly said we get a lot of OWL reg numbers in Yorkshire all Wednesday supporters. !!!!!

K24CL9Guy likes this.
  17. jimjams Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yeah there were two other Civics parked close by (including that one).

I was impressed by your knowledge of tanks, I thought you'd always been infantry.

I don't remember so many tanks being in Cosford (well not that many, but more than I remember). It's a shame that Bovington Tank Museum is in France (well where it is, it might as well be) because I've always fancied a visit to Bovington.

18. Nels Club Moderator Club Staff

Harvey, jimjams and MickyB like this.
  19. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I started my career at Bovington 15.1/2 years old???

Sybil Fawlty and Harvey like this.
  20. legend-ary Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    so where is jimjams car? pic? he hasnt got a garage entry .. plus was Zebster there? didn't see his tourer.