Announcement We're Back! The Future of Honda Karma & H-Tune

Discussion in 'Club Announcements & News' started by Nighthawk, Monday 10th Dec, 2018.

1. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    Thanks @Nighthawk :Grin:

I agree with the sentiment 150%. I've learnt a wealth of things and received a massive amount of advice and help from people on here. Seeing what other people have done with their cars serves as both and inspiration and a guide on how I can take my car forward.

I think the the direction the forum is going is a positive thing and will hopefully attract more people and activity.

2. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Speaking of helping people and offering advice, I notice that it's sometimes only appreciated when you are agreeing with what the OP wants to hear. Which is why I generally don't bother any more.

Phil P and Zebster like this.
  3. Nighthawk Club Manager Club Staff

Thats also true @Pottermus - as is the way with all advice and social interactions. We naturally look for people who confirm our current belief sets rather than align with those who don't. Human nature

And thank you @RogerH69 - we are hearing that from a lot of people now so something is being done right whatever that may be... :Laughing:

4. Bones126 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England Dave Birmingham
    Wow, just stumbled across this news as I had lost a bit of interest and frustrated with the issues stopped frequenting the site as much as I'd like too. But this is fantastic news, well done to everyone involved and for their hard work in getting it back as should be. Hopefully this place can be business as usual :Thumbup:

Looks like I have catching up to do :dunce:

K24 CL9 GUY, Zebster and Nighthawk like this.
  5. Nighthawk Club Manager Club Staff

Welcome back @Bones126

You do indeed have a lot to catch up on. The main updates are within the announcements threads to get you back up to speed on thing

Bones126 likes this.
  6. ChrisKnottIns Site Partner Trader

Please could someone just let me know who the new contact for sponsors is. Thanks.

7. Nighthawk Club Manager Club Staff

@Leo at H-Tune will be your man to contact. Hes away from the forum on overseas business commitment at the moment but is due back in the UK at the end of the month

ChrisKnottIns likes this.
  8. Bones126 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England Dave Birmingham
    Cheers @DrSam, pleased to see the FR-V has inspired :Smile: shame it doesn't inspire the Mrs now she drives it :-/

DrSam likes this.
  9. Phil P Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Phil Kent
    Not sure what to do now. If this site is effectively now a commercial entity I ask myself whether I should cancel my Direct Debit, as presumably I will be paying a company rather than contributing to heroic voluntary individuals.

Grateful for any thoughts

Phil p

10. SayamaAccord Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Cliff County Durham
    HondaKarma was a registered company before the H Tune buyout, so no change there from before.

I guess it depends on whether you think you're getting value for money or not, bearing in mind improvements have been put in place since the takeover, and more will be.

Nighthawk likes this.
  11. Phil P Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Phil Kent
    Thank you for that Cliff.

I'm not looking for value for money. I wanted to contribute to the sterling work done, presumably for free, by everybody involved

Where did the income come from then (apart from advertising) as a Registered Company?

Not having a dig; just genuinely interested

Phil

12. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi Phil,

Basically literally just the membership fees, commercial sponsorship fees and advertising (which I understand didn't actually amount to much). The aim back then was to have enough "income" to cover the costs of running the site and my understanding is that it was just about doing this.

Everyone participating participates for free, none of the members are or were paid.

Going forward I believe @Leo at H-Tune has plans to change up the membership system, I'll let him post up his thoughts himself.

Feel free to cancel the membership if you feel you aren't getting what you expect from the site.

Nels likes this.
  13. Nels Club Moderator Club Staff

Just to add to that, I have never been, and am not receiving any payment for my input to this site.

14. Phil P Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Phil Kent
    Well I think you should be. And Speedy. And the other staff. Perhaps my membership fee should be split amongst you all instead

Keep up the good work all

Phil P

Nels likes this.
  15. Nels Club Moderator Club Staff

Thank you @Phil P. That's a smashing thought, but I'm quite happy as things stand. I believe that because this isn't a compulsory subscription site, we attract a more friendly and helpful membership. :Drinks:

Nighthawk likes this.
  16. Nighthawk Club Manager Club Staff

Hi @Phil P - just to echo those of Speedy and Nels - the income was literally just enough to keep HK servers on top. It wasnt even enough for the production of merchandise which was why it never really took off. As Speedy says - there are still plans to come for those who donate, but thats @Leo at H-Tune baby and we will leave that up to him to explain how things are going to be moving forward in relation to donators etc.

None of the forum staff team are paid for their interactions. Sure, the H Tune staff are paid, but not directly for their forum interactions, but just as a job in general, as every user here is within their own personal lives. However, part of that job description is to be active on the forums, but they are not being paid purely for being active on the forum, but Leo has specified to his employees that are to be on the forum and to engage with users and help out where they can.

The changes havent finished, we are aware that some things look they are kinda half finished, they arent, but other priorities have had to, well, take priority, and we will hopefully, soon, be able to finalise some more things.

We are looking to hold another staff meeting towards the end of this month, start of next where every member of forum staff is invited to attend (first time ever I think), and more likely the H Tune staff will be there too.

Hope that puts your mind at ease a bit more? Any questions - feel free to ask.

Last edited: Saturday 12th Jan, 2019
  17. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

From this moment forward, I shall be charging £1 per post to H-Tune... My sarcasm and insults deserve to be rewarded dammit.

Please make cheques payable to 'world class smart arse' :Tongue:

18. Accord_N22 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Amazing how you guys managed to fixed the image issue and other professional people couldn't.
    Fantastic work guys.

19. Nighthawk Club Manager Club Staff

Thank you @Accord_N22

Its a long road which we couldn't do without the interaction of all the members, having to make hard decisions and hope that they are in the best interest of every member here

Accord_N22 likes this.
  20. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hey!! I am a pro!! LOL

Actually so too is @Leo at H-Tune as he's a Web Developer. The combination of his skills and my skills together were the key to fixing the issue.

Accord_N22 and RogerH69 like this.