Watch yourself, police crackdown!

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by Switch, Wednesday 2nd Dec, 2009.

1. Switch Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just this second got pulled by the police and got away with it.

I got pulled over literally right outside my street, I was just about to start indicating to turn in when they flashed the lights. First thing he told me was that I had a headlight out, so I was thinking 'holy fuuuuuuck thank god it's just that', but when he went off to check my insurance another officer came over and said "Now let's have a little chat about your shyness to the speed limit." At that point my mouth literally dropped and I was like 'uhh, wat.' Turns out they'd spotted me because of the light, but they'd been following me from the middle of town, and at one point I was doing 40 in a 30, in the rain. But I was totally honest with them, admitted it was stupid and I should know better, all that, so he turned to the other copper and said he'd leave it up to him, I don't remember exactly what the other copper said but I know it was good because I was instantly overcome with such strong emotions of relief everything else is a blur.

I do like to think it was in part to do with how I'm well dressed (just come back from college lesson), wearing glasses and was polite and cooperative as fuck, but still I can't believe I dodged that bullet, I'm sure all the stickers on the side of my car didn't help my image!

But yeah, enough about my story. My Dad told me that there's apparently going to be a massive crackdown this Christmas, my mate (Polo comrade) has been followed home twice in the last week, and when I got pulled it was by a van and four coppers got out, and they immediately set off after a Saxo with a loud exhaust as soon as they left me.

So a heads up to everyone, they seem to really be out and about this year, so keep your heads screwed on for the next month or so!

2. Tobiasnugent Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Its pretty simple mate. don't speed.

3. Switch Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Obviously, but it's just as obvious that there isn't going to be a single member of the forum that sticks to the speed limit religiously, is there.

4. tombowman12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Lucky guy!

I've noticed a real increase in police activity this week! 6 cars in a half mile! Think I'm gonna put my standard plate on over the Xmas period!

5. AlexD Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I get followed home or at least see a beamer traffic car on my home route every night at roughly 11ish (when i usually head home). They're not stupid... unfortunatley!

6. Tobiasnugent Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yer i know. Just saying!

7. andyy_ek Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I've seen alot of police activity now aswell , especially traffic police . where i live they just slap us with asbos and on the spot fines (N)

8. Switch Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just to point out too, I didn't actually realize I had that headlight out, definitely getting that done first thing tomorrow!

9. Loony Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Its not a crackdown if your car is fine, insured and safe for the roads. Its a crackdown on people who speed and drive around in cars unsafe for the road, specially over xmas when there will be loadsa drink driving.

You are pretty lucky you got away with it though.

10. chelt_scene Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

the police alway crackdown on shit over christmas man its cos people always have a little to much to drink over christmas and are muppets and drive just be carefull for the next month or so :Smile:

11. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nah, it's their way of getting festive. I heard they were refused Santa hats as uniform for xmas years ago and they've been in revolt ever since.

12. @lex Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

a saxo with a loud exhaust? don't rate my chances then...damn spoon n1!!

13. Switch Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Everyone then. :Tongue:

14. H22_Dan.. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

tis too true over here too but surely we (should) all be driving sensible anyways ? lol

15. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i hope this crack down they are gona be doing doesnt distract them from their usuall drink driving crack down that they do over christmas

16. madvtecyo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

If you know where and when to exceed the speed limit without getting caught or endangering other road users, then you'll have no problems.

Police are sneaky bastards I'll admit but I've only ever been pulled twice in 6 years of driving all sorts of cars - standard and modified. One time was because I kept driving around the same part of Leicester. I was lost. Driving slow despite being in a fast car. Police told me which way to go, checked out all my insurance/tax/whatever and let me on my way. 2nd time I had illegal numberplates. German style plates on my old Golf. Got a producer and again was on my way.

If you're all legal and don't be a dick about getting pulled - and haven't committed any ridiculous driving offences in view of the police, you should be ok

17. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

sometimes its a bit of overkill though

i picked up two of my mates last Saturday night, they stay in a village about 6 miles out of the town, and i go thru another village to get there

on the way up, i noticed that a police van had pulled (what i think was) a 200SX i've seen around and i went past not thinking much of it

when i was coming back to town after collecting my mates, i saw the police sitting in a junction with just the sidelights on, and when i drove by them noticed they pulled out

my exact words to my mates were "watch this, they're gonnae pull me"

the van (just a regular puegeot partner type thing, no traffics) followed me right thru the village to the local shops (2 miles maybe) without flashing, so i pulled into the shops to go for a bottle of juice.

the van then blocked me into the space and 5 officers got out....fucking 5, for a standard BMW with two guys and a girl in it at 7pm at night.

asked me if i'd been drinking, asked me to turn out my pockets, looked inside my car quickly and then hit me with the "you looked like you were weaving all over the road"

my mates girl wasn't so lucky, she got searched, name taken the full works :lol:

but tbh what a lot of pish, i never got PNC checked or anything...for all they know that was a stolen car, with no tax, MOT or insurance and they were worried that it "LOOKED" like i was weaving all over the road

they should go sit outside the village pub at closing time and watch all they smelly old cunts leaving and just jumping into their cars and driving home cos they've "done it for years"

phew....

18. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Its the same every Christmas, Random stop checks to make sure no drink drivers, If you have a modified car, Expect to get pulled

19. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i just rememberd the first time i ever got pulled- some pissed up prick decided to smash my drivers window so i was on my way to a scarp yard to get a replacement , so naturally when i get pulled and im sitting there with a smashed drivers window and glass everywhere it didnt look to good

20. eca Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

yeah pretty standard that they pull you over around christmas cuz of the drink driving.

i got pulled for driving down the industrial estate, turnin around in the car park and driving out. the copper had driven over a large grass verge to get behind me (no joke, he saw my lights and thought hed take his chance going across the grass even though he could have cut me off at the island cuz theres only one way into the estate).

followed me checking my details then pulled me. decided to tell me that i was lying (i said i was just having a drive about with my bird, which i was, and that he thought i was going for some nookie. lol! when he couldn't smell booze or weed he decided that there was nothin he could do me for so let me go...