want to stab bill gates in the head!

Discussion in 'Steam Room' started by large_steve182, Saturday 2nd Jan, 2010.

1. large_steve182 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

fuckin xbox 360's nothing but fucking hassle AAARRRRGGGHHHH

get comfortable, go to play some mw2, turn xbox on, goes to dashboard, game doesnt load, just sais open tray, i open the tray to check if the game is indeed in, it is, so close the tray, it sais reading for 5 seconds then just goes back to saying open tray, im sitting there like

[​IMG]

so i try forza to see if its just mw2 thats shafted, but again same scenario of reading then open tray, so its not even seeing a disc is there, so again im like

[​IMG]

so i check the interwebs to see what its saying about it, as far as i gather the dvd drive or the laser has had it, which means either trying to fix it myself, which means if i don't fix it i can't send back to microsoft, or send to microsoft, go through the annoying process of sending it off, then waiting months, for it to inevatbly break again in 6 months time,

so again im like

[​IMG]

i just want a ps3, but means i would have to buy one, and buy new games etc, and I've just spend 40 quid on fuckin xbox live because microsoft robbing bastards, aaarrrggghhhhh i could kick an old woman in the head right now,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 2nd Jan, 2010
  2. eca Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

i have that problem with a couple of my games. i thoguht it was because the disc isnt sittin right in the tray so i just open it, take the disc out and put it back in and close it

seems to work the majority of the time....

but yeah, they are a pain sometimes. im not converting to ps3 though...

3. Tom1989 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

My bro has had his xbox a week and the microphone had stopped working and he had to buy the network adapter for it. I have had my PS3 3 years now and not a problem. not one. and it has everything included.

4. vtecivic123 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It happed to me, I think it was the game that caused this issue.

Solution: Bin your xbox, buy a PS3

5. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

meh, my xbox broke so now i go out more, works wonders for my social life, have made a stupid amount of friends recently, been up at ace cafe a good few times, lingering inthe shadows like a right paedo...

but i still want it backk :Smile:

6. seanyreeves Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i got a spare dvd drive here you can have cheap. i could fit it too if you posted ur box down.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 3rd Jan, 2010
  7. chelt_scene Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

mine used to do that

so i bought a new console :Grin: haha

8. kahn_v Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

PS3 FTW!!!!

no problems yet :Smile:

9. Spoon_Civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I had three 360's, nothing but trouble so ditched for a hassle free PS3. I still have a 360, but it gathers dust.

10. ecksjay Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yeah, they're crap.

but i love mine. in fact I've just bought a new elite, outside of christmas, as a present to myself.

won't touch a ps3 as its far too overpriced for what it is, the only reason i see to get one if you have an xbox already is for the blu-ray player, which is shit compared to standalone ones anyway,

11. Blair Guest

just bought my 3rd 360.

1 RROD

1 disk tray shagged

1 new Elite :Tongue:

12. Bong Guest

PC > Console

13. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i bought my nephew an elite for xmas, took it back to argos on boxing day as it wouldn't read discs, the woman at argos swapped it over like she'd been doing it all day. lol.

my xbox was fine while under warranty, but when that ran out it lived at microsoft, so i swapped it for a ps3, had no probs with that but....

i want forza 3, doh. my swap with my nephews elite and see if he notices

14. donzo Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice pictures, I wonder where you got those.