waitin for a ban in the post

Discussion in 'Steam Room' started by civicstu, Sunday 20th Dec, 2009.

1. civicstu Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

was sittin in traffic in the city centre wen i was readin a txt and two pigs came over and told me 2 park up. they took all my details and looks lik 3 points ar comin my way the problem is i all ready hav 3 point for speedin i only hav lik 4 months and i would of been over my 2 years am soooooooooooooo f*kin guttteddddddddd

2. tombowman12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

dayum!

that sucks man! can't think of any ways you could get out of that one dude! police are being super picky at the moment with it being christmas and stuffs!

feel for you man! really do!

3. jay coupe Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

challenge it in court and plead not guilty so it gets adjurned,the proccess usualy takes ages in which time youl prob be over your 2 year period. just an idea.

4. DanF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

[quote name='jay coup

5. captain_sl0w Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looks like you'll be doing your practical test again

Tbh you know the law, so no sympathy

6. Gav_ek4 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

was your car stopped, if your car was not moving they CANNOT win in court,fight it all the way mate

7. MUGEN-RR Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

8. kahn_v Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

did you get cautioned?

9. Edd Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Agreed

10. 3KAN Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

You'll have to do your research but i'd fight for it in court besides you wasnt actually on the phone chatting

11. forgedb18 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

harsh days mate,, wounded 4 ya

12. jdmek4sir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

thats beside the point! your not supposed to use your phone at all! we all know the laws of the road so be prepared to put up with the consequences if you break them or stupid enough to get caught doing so :Whistle:

13. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

you'll get a revoke and sit both your tests again

nae luck

i wouldn't even bother fighting it, because even if you're not driving and the car is running, its still an offence to use your mobile phone...

14. Chinglish Peasant Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom George Lomdon
    You were caught using a handheld mobile device while your car was switched on and you were in the drivers seat therefore you are responsible for your actions, you have a liability to keep an eye on the road at all times, so regardless if you're just reading a text, or just even putting the phone away if it's digging into your gentleman's area you're gonna have to take responsibility for your actions. Now there are ways to prevent you from being banned, you just need to convince the majestrates that you were just putting your phone away and that you looked at your phone because you didn't want the phone to make an outgoing call because one of the most common buttons is 9 on a keypad, now you wouldn't want to waste the emergency services time would you? So you were just checking that you didn't and was putting it away. Say it was a moment of stupidity and appeal to the court why driving means alot to you. Also wear a suit and speak smartly. Good luck

George

15. donzo Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

this.

16. kahn_v Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

well said!

wearing a suite makes a big diffrence as it shows your personality!

17. jdmlookeg6 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

sounds like its happen to you ching

18. Chinglish Peasant Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

ex police officer, I know my way around the system and how to spoon feed the crown prosecution :Wink:

19. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

the thing is though....its not a ban he gets....its just a revoke, so he'd need to appeal that they only gave him 2 points or something as regardless of what the court do...its still 6 points and you need to resit your test within the first two years!

20. Chinglish Peasant Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

he won't get a ban thru the door, it'll be dealt with in a ways of a court hearing, so you'll get a hearing date, in which case you plea not guilty, then you come back on a later date to get your point across, so trust me, it'll work :Wink: