Tyres & Wheels Vibration at speed

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by Tear101, Friday 1st Mar, 2019.

1. Tear101 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Lee Northants
    Afternoon all, my 08 CR-V(petrol/auto) has developed a vibration at speeds between 50 and 60mph. once past 60mph its fine! its not RPM related or gear related as I've experimented with taking it easy up to that speed and also giving it a boot full to get there. i had the wheels balanced last week and its still there! my next check is to check over the tyres to see if i can see any issues with them myself.
    Any other ideas?
    Cheers

2. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    Have the suspension fully checked over but most likely culprit is a driveshaft or CV joint.

honda_saj likes this.
  3. Tear101 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Lee Northants
    so i had a quick look on saturday and noticed a puncture repair was sticking out past the tread on the nsf tyre. i stuck the space saver on the nsf and went for drive and the vibration was gone. Got a new tyre fitted and put the wheel back on but the vibration is still there! Im now guessing there is an issue with that wheel as the its fine without that wheel on. If i get time i will put that wheel on the back and see if it makes any difference.
    Any thoughts.

4. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom saj east london
    Wheel balancing

5. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    I had a similar thing on my Prelude. Up to 60 it's dead smooth. 60 to 80 it's very shaky. Over 80 dead smooth again. Turned out that at least one of the alloys was buckled in the horizontal plane (twisted ?). Put on different alloys (with same tyres) and it was dead smooth at all speeds.

honda_saj and SpeedyGee like this.
  6. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    @Tear101 Did you swap the alloy to the rear? Hope you have found a resolution