V-tec head conversion.

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by nafanh, Tuesday 17th Nov, 2009.

1. nafanh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yo,

I've got a ej9, and i need some VTEC. is possible to just do a head conversion with a VTEC head? If it is, which heads would fit a d14 engine? and also is there any other parts i would need to change except the head?

Cheers

Nathan

2. nafanh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yo,

I've got a ej9, and i need some VTEC. is possible to just do a head conversion with a VTEC head? If it is, which heads would fit a d14 engine? and also is there any other parts i would need to change except the head?

Cheers

Nathan

3. DanF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah it is possible to swap a d15b head or a d16 head. Or for around 600 quid you could pop a B16 engine in.

which has much more v-tecs

4. DanF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah it is possible to swap a d15b head or a d16 head. Or for around 600 quid you could pop a B16 engine in.

which has much more v-tecs

5. nafanh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yeee thats true, but is many more works and many more monies :Tongue:

6. nafanh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yeee thats true, but is many more works and many more monies :Tongue:

7. DanF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not really. Swapping the heads and getting them wired in correctly is a pain in the ass.

Its easier to swap the whole engine. have a search and read the stickys in this section

8. DanF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not really. Swapping the heads and getting them wired in correctly is a pain in the ass.

Its easier to swap the whole engine. have a search and read the stickys in this section

9. al9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

agreed with dan, TBH a b16 swap will be far easier than messing with a mini me on a D14!

al9955

10. al9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

agreed with dan, TBH a b16 swap will be far easier than messing with a mini me on a D14!

al9955

11. carlsberg Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

or buy my d16 for

12. carlsberg Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

or buy my d16 for

13. HondaR84 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

You will be supprised. totally different inlet system, injection system, loom, ECU, then you need an oil feed and all for 15bhp or so when a b16 swap would give you 60 to 70bhp

14. pickles2010 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

15. shawthing001 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I was looking to do a Mini me on my D16y7 and to be honest, it's completely pointless as you need to do so much and spend quite abit. Just save yourself the hassle and spend a bit more and get a B16