General Used 2014 CR-V - was it yours?

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by FR-V, Saturday 3rd Aug, 2019.

1. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    38B77DD8-5F14-4AB2-B0FB-A578DFBE36DF. I have just had a valuation on my 2013 MY CR-V, and nearly fell over!
    It would seem the only way to upgrade economically is to trade it in at a Honda dealer for low mileage EX, although I am limited to 2014 or before if I want a lusty 2.2 diesel.
    With all that in mind I have found this one in Norwich, and I know it is a long shot, but does anybody on here recognise it?
    If so, any tips? Like, it is a lemon, had nothing but trouble, walk away, or, yes it was mine and a brilliant car - go for it!

Thank you,
    Pete C.

2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Ed Wiltshire
    @FR-V

I'm sure you've been through the pros and cons already, but are you really sure you need to upgrade right now? If the value of your current CR-V has dropped so much, it might be better to keep it for a few more months and see how the market moves. I'm betting that with Brexit (or not!) in October and with the continued challenges in the car market related to diesel - as well as the move to electric vehicles - later this year or early next might be the sweet spot for deals.

Garrydhu likes this.
  3. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    Yes Ed, I have been thinking about this for some time. The extended Honda warranty on my current CR-V runs out in Jan 2020 and although I love the car, the niggle with the occasional clutch judder is getting to me. Do I risk taking it in for Honda to strip it and then handing me a big bill if they reject the claim?
    There are a couple of other routine jobs to do in the next couple of months which will add up to another lump of cash, so I am tempted to quit while I am ahead.
    The only reason to consider another CR-V is that they have also gone down in value and I can’t afford to throw another £10k into the pit

4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Ed Wiltshire
    Makes sense! Good luck...:Wink:

5. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    I am sorry to say that I have left the Honda fold as of Friday.
    Despite the fact that I love the CR-V I have traded it in against a used Kia Sorento KX-2
    An all round better tow car - heavier, more powerful, and self levelling rear suspension. And seven nice leather seats if you need them. Oh, and a couple of years manufacturers warranty still remaining.
    I shall miss all the thoughtful touches in the CR-V, but Honda have lost a faithful customer because of their decision to abandon the caravan community in favour of the hip green electric brigade.
    The Kia dealer salesman used to sell Hondas and told me dealerships are closing all around the country, but they have a sister Honda dealership on the same site, so my CR-V will be added to their stock.

Keep flying the flag guys,

Goodbye,
    Pete C.