US Visa Waiver

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by D3MENT3D, Sunday 17th Mar, 2013.

  1. D3MENT3D Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

    Just wondering if anyone can help me, i went to the US 18 months ago so had to pay for a visa waiver thing, the thing is, im back there next month and I've checked the DHS website and my application doesnt expire until august so im assuming ill be ok visiting again without having to get a new one.

    Anyone have any idea if i can as all im finding on google is i have to leave after 90 days but can go back if i leave the continent for a day but nowhere does it say i need (or don't need) a new visa.

    If anyone has more of an idea than me it will be appreciated
  2. liamd01 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

    don't them transit visas last for 2 years?

    i have one from this time last year and im nearly sure the woman in the airport said it last 2 years

    this visa waver the one where you can do a layover in the US without a US visa?
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 17th Mar, 2013
  3. John G Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

    You need to login and change the details of your current visa (flight details and where you are staying) but you don't have to pay again.
  4. D3MENT3D Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

    Ok thanks John.

    It sounds a bit tight but i don't fancy paying another $56 if i don't need to.
  5. liamd01 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

    you paid 56?? i only paid 14

    you must have a different thing to me
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 17th Mar, 2013
  6. D3MENT3D Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

    4 of us mate, me, the wife and 2 children.
  7. liamd01 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

    aw i see, same thing then.

    yeah to the best of my knowledge its a 2 year thing and you can stay upto 90 days in the US at any one time
  8. D3MENT3D Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

    Yeah i just wasnt sure if i had to re-apply again after leaving but thanks for the advice, gonna edit the flight numbers and sort it out. 5 1/2 weeks until i go back and can't bloody wait
  9. ngy Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

    You mean an ESTA? ESTAs are an application for entry, if you have recently been and everything was ok, you will be fine to travel again. An ESTA is valid for 2 years from date of purchase or until your passport expires.

    I'm American and I had to do this for my girlfriend to travel home with me last summer. 
  10. liamd01 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

    thats exactly it, i remember having to do this at stupid o'clock in the morning last year
  11. ngy Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

    Yeah, its a pain, especially as you can still be denied entry at customs, well, you all can... :Tongue:

    I was sat on the edge of my seat while we were waiting for the authorization for my gf... even though it was only a few seconds haha
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 17th Mar, 2013
  12. D3MENT3D Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

    Yes it was the ESTA. Thanks very much all sorted now.