Suspension, Steering and Brakes Unstable rear end? Time for another upgrade?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Heckler, Sunday 31st Mar, 2019.

1. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

Today I got to drive the saloon in a spirited manner... Not dangerously or illegally... Just clear roads, decent weather and no traffic... some lovely twisty minor A and B roads.

What I felt wasn't fantastic... the rear seems far more loose that the tourer... It's not stepping out, or bouncing around... it feels wobbly.

So I think I need to get under her and check drop links, ARB bushes and the condition of the rear ARB itself. Then I did some reading and research and according to some the rear ARB on the 7th Generation Accord is a little underwhelming... and there are options to beef it up.

If I'm probably going to be replacing the droplinks and ARB bushes with poly ones anyway... everything that holds the ARB in place is already coming off (At least that's how it was when I fitted a 50% thicker one to my old MX6).

I've seen that H-Tune do a couple of them... and was wondering if anyone had done this mod and what did they use?

honda_saj likes this.
  2. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom saj east london
    Not me personally i need to do my accord tourer as i have lots of body roll. ARB with poly will tighten her up. :Wink:

3. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

I used a Whiteline one on my MX6, and found a 20mm Whiteline for the Accord... same size as the H-tune ones... but quite a bit cheaper and they come with poly bushes included.

honda_saj likes this.
  4. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    The saloons are usually very stable when pushed through corners, so she probably is suffering from some ARB/drop link issues.

I've installed stiffer rear ARBs for other people and I can tell they did help plant the car better.

honda_saj and Matt at H-Tune like this.
  5. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm thinking I will need one of those at some point now that I've got more of an interest in improving my car some and the facilities in order to do it.