Detailing Under the bonnet cleaning

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by MILLIEM00, Sunday 2nd Jun, 2019.

1. MILLIEM00 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Alan BLACKPOOL
    Hi Guys, What is the consensus of opinion on cleaning materials for under the bonnet in and around the engine I have all kinds of brushes etc just like to know what peoples are using, and the finished product how clean is the engine bay.

2. Matt at H-Tune Service Team H-Tune Staff

3. SMASHED48 New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Sean Ashford
    Hi Matt this might be a bit random lol do you know your self or sumone who knows what steering racks fits a b16a2 99 em1 coupe I'm struggling to find one

4. Matt at H-Tune Service Team H-Tune Staff

Email sales@h-tune.co.uk and I'll have a look. I suspect almost any EJ/EK one will be cross compatible.

5. Guy at H-Tune Warehouse Manager H-Tune Staff

United Kingdom Guy Gloucester
    I've done mine a few time by snow foaming then jet washing and drying afterwards. Only ever done on a warm and sunny day. Disconnect the battery and cover your air filter. Don't get too close with the pressure washer and once rinsed thoroughly I use a leaf blower to get the water out of the nooks and crannies before wiping everything over with a microfiber clothe. If you do this once or twice a year and stay on top of wiping clean with spray and microfiber in between you'll keep it clean all year round.

IMG_20190309_164431_946.
    IMG_20190224_212501_354.

6. Matt at H-Tune Service Team H-Tune Staff

Holy crap, @Guy at H-Tune ... I can tell you haven't got a distributor.