Brochures & Promo UK 2017 Civic?

Discussion in '10th Generation (2016)' started by sc489, Tuesday 24th May, 2016.

1. legend-ary Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    A £70 spare wouldn't stop me from spending £20k

exec likes this.
  2. Beefy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    Show me a new car that has a physical spare wheel as standard and I'll eat my hat. In the pursuit of better MPG they have all ditched whatever weight they can. Spacesavers were the first thing to go. If your that bothered just buy one at the same time as buying the car.

exec likes this.
  3. Moss Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Buying one at the same time as buying the car is a logical solution ; I and many others had thought of that; of-course. There are still many manufacturers that supply a spare wheel with a car; and personally I wouldn't be without a spare wheel in the boot of my car.

4. BB Baboonface Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom James Chesterfield
    Hehe! Just got back from the official launch at the local dealership. Quite fun all in all, swanky sarnies and finger foods, and even plonk for non drivers - all complimentary of course.

A chap from Honda UK gave us a rundown of the changes and features, and then we got to clamber about in the demo car.
    Some pretty impressive figures from the Earth dreams motors in the initial models, almost 130 and 190 BHP (being a modern car i'd imagine there is a fair bit of weight to offset that though) plus all the electronic gubbins, including an induction charger for compatible phones - bonkers!
    My fav bit was the parcel shelf, it unrolls across the boot and when detached is tiny and much more compact than a big bulky board thingy.
    The HUK guy said it had been designed from the ground up with the Type-R in mind, like the FD chassis, also true IRS at the rear end again which is good.

Anyway (hope they work!) got a few snaps:

IMG_0042_zpsa5vdsx5n.

IMG_0041_zpshabxnxbs.

IMG_0046_zpscwxwasti.

This is the 189hp motor i believe:

IMG_0034_zpsf5cpkq8d.

Less obtrusive wings:

IMG_0045_zps5igypsos.

Decent boot...

IMG_0037_zpstzlfqnjf.

...and the room in the rear aint too bad either (not sure why the paint came out orange - need practice with the new camera doh!)

IMG_0038_zpsokcrnvoj.

Interior shots:

IMG_0039_zps2zf9vfcu.

Bat girl approves!

IMG_0040_zpsrr1pfpmf.

IMG_0044_zpsivchqlcp.

SELFIE!!!

IMG_0036_zpsign1wjrf.

A cheeky shot of the outgoing Type-R for good measure:

IMG_0047_zps7mq0qoxl.

Even a complimentary mug, for those VTEC infused cuppas - Aaaah!

IMG_0049_zps9fv96htn.

Had a chat with the dealership folks and visitors alike (one old fella turned up in a mint Civic Aerodeck sweeeeet!) The dealer confirmed that there would only be a hatch available for the UK market at the current time, so no coupe or saloon Grrr!

Having poached some of the free grub and pop and after spending too much time talking to an enchanting young lady from the dealership, Bat girl and I returned to our riced out 7th Generation antique for the trip home.
    Thanks for having us Honda!

Last edited: Wednesday 15th Feb, 2017
  5. SayamaAccord Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Cliff County Durham
    Thanks for the pics.

I read somewhere that the CVT doesn't compromise performance much compared to the manual. If that's true then it's tempting to go that route.

BB Baboonface likes this.
  6. BB Baboonface Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hey no probs for the pics, i got a mug, a sandwich and a tin of pop out of it! :Grin:
    According to the HUK fella the CVT is a pretty good match for the manual in terms of fuel efficiency, only differing by 1 or 2 MPG. Not sure on performance as such, but he did say it was newer tech than that found in previous models.
    He had some interesting facts on the design in general too, such as the type of steel used being stronger thus allowing for weight saving design efficiency in the shell. Also, the fluted contours of the panels increase rigidity and reduce panel resonance, which means less sound deadening daubed around the place.

Apologies, sounds like i got paid off by HUK here lol, just find that sort of stuff interesting that's all. Will be sticking with more antiquated generations myself, well maybe unless i can afford to buy one of these and turn it into a stripped out track beast haha!

7. exec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom London
    Looks awesome, good to see the senior members of society out in force at the launch, doesn't help the Civic's OAP image. :Unknown:

8. BB Baboonface Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Lol. It was mainly old folks there, a few young 'uns though. Like we we have said elsewhere, a funky sub Jazz kei car like the City might appeal to all the VAG/Fiat 500 trendies.

exec likes this.
  9. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Ed Wiltshire
    I quite like the look of the new Civic, and the reviews are positive so far...

:gohonda:

10. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Do we know if there's to be an estate version available.

11. BB Baboonface Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Doh! Never thought to ask, still a bit cross about the coup and sedan not being brought to the UK. The 10th Generation has been out in the US for a while though, and no hints of an estate so far... :Frown:

12. SayamaAccord Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Due in the Autumn apparently.

MickyB and BB Baboonface like this.
  13. BB Baboonface Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yeesss! :Happy:

Cheers for the heads up :Niceone:

14. SayamaAccord Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The early signs look promising...

15. BB Baboonface Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

^ Er, wow! Pretty impressive, a full second quicker than the EV1 without TC! :Sobbing: :Whiteflag:

SayamaAccord likes this.
  16. SayamaAccord Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No worries - it's what I'm interested in too.

I'm hoping this car will save me from the fate that is the Toyota Avensis Touring Sports.

MickyB and BB Baboonface like this.
  17. BB Baboonface Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Haha! Like old Toyota stuff, but can see your reasoning with current models, fingers crossed for the Civic tourer...

MickyB likes this.
  18. exec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom London
    It being turbo there will be plenty of tuning options, I bet a remap will add more power to these.