Track setup?

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by p1nky, Monday 9th Nov, 2009.

1. p1nky Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all, now I know iv been waffling on bout gettin more power from the old girl, things have changed with living arangements so iv got extra cash each month. Bacicaly I want to start doing track days again so I was hoping to get some advice in a good track setup on the mb6. Any advice or products that were good EG; coilovers, would be apreciated. Thank you in advance :Grin:

2. Gunter Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

are you actually gonna modify an mb6 for track? what are they like compared to a hatch or coupe? I've heard they handle ok but they look so damn heavy

3. p1nky Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Its not too bad. Suppose we will soon find out wat its like on the track!

4. jdmek Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Adam London
    i have seen a few of these at various track days. they seem to go very well.

the main thing is basic stuff like good pad and disc combos. im a huge fan of ferodo ds2500's or if you have the cash a good set of discs and a set of project mu pads. also a good 5.1 fluid is advised if your going to be ragging it out on track. i know DOT 4 will be ok but i rather play safe when it comes to braking.

susension wise i have hear meister are a good basic coilover but if you want more fun and have more cash go the tein mono route. maybe a few braces and maybe a roll bar upgrade. but you will find so much better tuning with a good 4 wheel alignment. also tyres will give you the biggestg advantage on track. toyo r888's can be picked up for around

5. iceman Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

just take it out without doing anything first bar basic ie good set of tyres and pads and take it from there

6. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

if you know of a forum user called Stoocake...ask him...he has a track ready MB6...

7. MeisterR Commercial Services Trader

Track Setup MB6... :Smile:

Coilovers: MeisterR can provide coilovers for the MB6. Depend on what you want I can adjust the suspension for you also. This depends on your driving style, and what you want from the car. Just so you know, MeisterR Zeta-R has the same specification as the TEIN MonoFLEX, I just don't charge

8. pow Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Losing as much weight as possible will do you better then BHP upgrades as mb6's are very heavy (1220kg I think) and they have good engines as standard. Likes been said spending money on a good brake and suspension set up will do you better then more power. maybe after you've got a bit more experience on track and you’re a little more used to how the car handles you could look into playing around with the gearing, as 4 and 5 gear are very long to give better fuel consumption on the motorways and a shorter final drive will give much better acceleration

9. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

ye get a teg r box which would probably only cost you a couple of hundred once youve sold your box

10. p1nky Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Some really good info here guys, Cheers! Love the touring Civic!!

11. jdmek Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

the main thing is to develop your driving skills before spending silly money. you can gain so much speed just from learning to drive properly. i have seen a standard almera gti hunt down as pass a 400bhp subaru just cos the guy knew how to drive it. as they say circuit driving is 80% driver.

12. p1nky Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Iv done some track days allready, Palmer sport corperate day,

13. p1nky Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Iv done some track days allready, Palmer sport corperate day,

14. jdmek Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

the pamler sport is ok but not the greatest, i know, i work there. lol. still not as good as getting seat time in your own car. as said its all about seat time, that is what creats speed. with a standard b16a with handling mods i was beating a "corprate suit" in a clio cup car at bedfords west track.

its just about learning, learning and learning. even f1 drivers use driver coaches.

15. jdmek Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

the pamler sport is ok but not the greatest, i know, i work there. lol. still not as good as getting seat time in your own car. as said its all about seat time, that is what creats speed. with a standard b16a with handling mods i was beating a "corprate suit" in a clio cup car at bedfords west track.

its just about learning, learning and learning. even f1 drivers use driver coaches.

16. p1nky Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

got the jag jp1 trophy aswel LOL! I know what you mean, compare the lightweight cars you get up there and my old 328 touring! They deffinately felt worlds apart!

17. p1nky Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

got the jag jp1 trophy aswel LOL! I know what you mean, compare the lightweight cars you get up there and my old 328 touring! They deffinately felt worlds apart!

18. MeisterR Commercial Services Trader

I would like to get some "Driver Training" myself to be honest, but it is hard to come up with the time with everything that is going on. :Smile:

I would like to get some "Seat Time" with my R32 also, as it is difficult to "experiment" with it on the road... far too dangerous. :Grin:

19. MeisterR Commercial Services Trader

I would like to get some "Driver Training" myself to be honest, but it is hard to come up with the time with everything that is going on. :Smile:

I would like to get some "Seat Time" with my R32 also, as it is difficult to "experiment" with it on the road... far too dangerous. :Grin:

20. si8pny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

are you going to use the car as a daily aswell? or an out and out track car?

cheapest and simplist mod will be to strip it of weight