General Toyota Celica ST202 Track Car

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by Guy at H-Tune, Saturday 5th Jan, 2019.

1. Guy at H-Tune Warehouse Manager H-Tune Staff

United Kingdom Guy Gloucester
    Hi peeps as I believe this is now not just for Honda's I might create a project log for my daily and occasional track car :Grin:

I've bought some service items for it with a voucher I got at Christmas which I'll be getting round to soon but also the MOT is due the end of the month and I know it needs tyres and brakes. With hoping to do a few more sessions round Castle Combe this year I thought I'd get something half about and from shopping around I can get a decent set up for road and track for £750.

What do you guys think?

Screenshot_20190104-222753.
    Screenshot_20190104-223327.
    Screenshot_20190104-233037.
    Screenshot_20190104-233527.
    Screenshot_20190104-233655.
    Screenshot_20190104-234817.

I've never used yellow stuff pads but from a read they sound ideal for what I'll be using them for.
    Screenshot_20190104-212145.

2. Nighthawk Club Manager Club Staff

Celica :Wub:

Now we need pics

Guy at H-Tune likes this.
  3. Guy at H-Tune Warehouse Manager H-Tune Staff

As requested :Grin:

DSC_0166.JPG
    DSC_0170.JPG
    DSC_0172.JPG
    I actually bought two both the 2.0 GT ST202 the 1995 red one was road ready and cost me £260 the 1996 black one for spares n repairs for £60.
    DSC_0073.JPG

4. rimmo Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Charlie Brigg North Lincs
    Time to baton down the hatches I suspect a @K24 CL9 GUY photo bombing session is imminent. :Grin:

Nighthawk and Guy at H-Tune like this.
  5. Nighthawk Club Manager Club Staff

Whats the black one? Another 205?

Server is holding on for dear life for the upcoming attack on its resources.

She needs dropping a bit doesnt she?

6. Guy at H-Tune Warehouse Manager H-Tune Staff

Well I did do alot to the red one last year to get it through the MOT and make it track ready :Wink:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Another 202 the 205 is the GT4. Definitely needs lows and thinking of getting a set of coilovers for her utilising H Tune's now available credit option :nodding:

Nighthawk and rimmo like this.
  7. Nighthawk Club Manager Club Staff

So I see....lol.... typical Toyota distances as well - over 160,000miles and still going strong.

Toyotas have always had my heart, always will.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Of course - yes, silly me. Been one of those days. Also because I want a GT4, or Supra.

8. Guy at H-Tune Warehouse Manager H-Tune Staff

Here's some track photo's and a video I uploaded to YouTube :mosh:
    DSC_0317.JPG
    FB_IMG_1518211412728.
    FB_IMG_1518271330776.
    FB_IMG_1518272587292.
    FB_IMG_1518272608707.
    FB_IMG_1518272808793.

Bones126 likes this.
  9. Nighthawk Club Manager Club Staff

What made you decide on a Celica as a track car?

10. Guy at H-Tune Warehouse Manager H-Tune Staff

Yes well into the 160k now and of the three of us that went together the only one that lasted the full track day :gotcha: My brother in his cammed 200bhp fiesta ST had driveshaft issues with bad judder and had to finish early and my friend with his supercgsuped EP3 had gearbox issues also having to call it a day. They weren't too happy when I reminded them it only cost me a couple hundred quid and outlasted both of them :teasing:

11. Nighthawk Club Manager Club Staff

The older Toyotas were absolutely bullet proof - they really were. The newer ones, within the last 10 years or so are just - well not. They won't break down, but they won't give you any real enjoyment either. However I havent drived a GT86 yet, and I want to.

12. Guy at H-Tune Warehouse Manager H-Tune Staff

They were both previously owned by friends and just so happened I had spare cash at the time they both wanted to sell cheap. The lad learnt to drive in the red one. Learner insurance was cheap and drove it for a year on his provisional. Once he passed and had a full license he couldn't get insured on it lol work that out?
    - - - Updated - - -
    I've got loads of photos from the work I did on it but with having to load them one by one heres I few items I replaced myself.

received_10156107469783288.
    DSC_0252.JPG
    - - - Updated - - -
    Some bits I robbed from the black one but I mainly bought new to give her a refresh.

13. Nighthawk Club Manager Club Staff

@K24 CL9 GUY Are you happy if I rename this to Toyota Celica Track Car? No need to hide it away anymore

14. Guy at H-Tune Warehouse Manager H-Tune Staff

Some of those old bolts were determined to not come out and had to resort to a blow torch and power tools on a few occasions :taunt:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Yes mate go ahead

15. Nighthawk Club Manager Club Staff

Shout it loud and proud mate. I also know that @Leo at H-Tune has a Celica which I've driven a few times

16. Guy at H-Tune Warehouse Manager H-Tune Staff

Yes I know and I believe he too was quite impressed with it even tho an old cheap motor. Pretty sure he replaced the dampers etc that once he stopped driving it was keen to have off him. Not sure if he still has it in his car graveyard?

17. Nighthawk Club Manager Club Staff

Yes - he still has it. Only the little 7AGE 1.8, but its enough for what it is. It has a few issues, but nothing a bit of TLC wouldn't solve

18. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom saj east london
    nice work and list :clap:

19. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    The older Toyotas were awesome. Narrowly missed out on buying a sporty Toyota several times when I was young.

20. Nighthawk Club Manager Club Staff

Agreed - the only Toyota which peaks my interest now is the GT86, but not stock ones. You can buy either turbocharged or supercharged bolt on packages for either one which apparently totally transforms it. The older ones were over engineered. But then, so were Hondas - the older cars were bullet proof - had one of those too.