General Towing huk

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by gedutism, Wednesday 13th Feb, 2019.

1. gedutism Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello fellas. Would like to put towing bar for my CR V 62 REG DIESEL.
    Any advises where to buy and best places to put.
    All sugestions and help and opinions are welcome.
    I will use it mainly for bike rack.

2. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    There's quite a few thread regarding towing on the site, now usually I would just say "use the search" unfortunately the search box isn't working properly at the moment but you can still search the site using Google.

Click on this link to see how.

LMGTFY

Click on this link then click on "Google Search"

3. Hatter Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    There are many internet sites for towbars to see what is on offer.
    A visit to your local tow bar centre will give you a better idea on price and quality.
    When we had ours fitted, had a look at various ones and in the end went for a Tow Trust detachable as value my shins.
    If you only need it for a bike rack then have you checked out the tailgate mounting ones such as Thule?

4. Matt at H-Tune Service Team H-Tune Staff

5. gedutism Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks guys for your opinions. I can use google but wanted to know other experiences.
    As a matter of fact you can find everything on google or almost everyting exept experience.

6. acerif Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, I've fitted a Witter detachable kit to mine, it's very discreet, the electrics pivot up behind the bumper when not in use.Normally the hitch part lives in the boot to save my shins also!
    I'd recommend it to anyone, easy to fit with clear instructions and very solid.

7. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    Times two for the Witter detachable! Mine is the flange type so I can add a bike rack and still tow.
    I notice Hatter suggests a boot mounted bike rack, but I thought these were not suitable for Honda CR-Vs due to the tailgate construction.

8. Hatter Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    Ah didn't know about tailgate being unsuitable due to construction, as we are both non-cyclists due to medical problems.

9. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    Yes Peter, it was the same with my FR-V, bit of a pain as I already had a tailgate mounted bike rack.
    Some people do ignore Honda’s advice though, I have seen racks hung on the back of both models.

Pete C.

Hatter likes this.