Threads getting closed every 5 minutes

Discussion in 'Steam Room' started by Jasonday2007, Monday 21st Dec, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jasonday2007 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

it's slowly putting a stop to the banter that goes along with serious questions.

I don't see the harm in some 'silly' responses after the question in hand has been answered... especially if it's just some photo's of something related in a sarcastic or jokey way.

I just can't see the need to close everything on the DOT, can we loosen up abit?

2. 689r Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Closing the 'stance' thread was the best decision ever.

3. Gary. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This.

What threads were you talking about in particular?

4. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

+1

5. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

it annoys me when i read 13 pages of a thread, think i have a good reply, to discover its locked, lol.

as for the stance thread, i don't agree with stance, but i was grown up enough not to go in it.

more than can be said for a few people around here

6. Jasonday2007 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

not talking about a certain thread in particular, but I thought the 'stance' thread was getting quite amusing!

it's people that take it all serious like 'that is not stance, rah rah rah' it's just afew silly pictures of silly cars :Smile:

and as above, reading a massive thread, then wanting to contribute (positively) to find it's been locked as a couple of people start rubbing their wangers over the keyboard!

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 21st Dec, 2009
  7. Gary. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Jason the Stance thread was just repetitive rubbish, firing up a post in here for that is pretty crap IMO.

Especially considering it's the first "big" thread in a bit thats been locked without actual reason.

Also notice that it was none fo the new moderators that locked it :Tongue:

8. Jor-don Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I have to agree on this, what was the harm in that particular thread being open?

I think its the people that keep going on about this is not stance etc that cause it to be closed. Who gives a fuck what you call it? Stance, ride height, good height, its all the same, get over it. We just wanted to see some nice hondas with good ride height

Also, what does 10,000 views of that thread tell you? To me, it shows the thread was popular and entertaining, so why lock it? :Messed:

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 21st Dec, 2009
  9. 689r Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cos it wasnt 'post hondas with good ride height'

It turned into a 'post random cars thread'. Cunts were posting all kinds of shit in there, intersperced with that Jacko fucktard coming out with shit like 'Yeh bru your car has the ultimate stance' and 'Fuck you can't have stance if you have archgap'.

10. Jasonday2007 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I hate to have to just refer to that 'stance' thread, but it is a good example.

I'm not going to sit here and say what is and isn't stance, i've got better things to do.

But I do think that if a thread has loads of views and pages of comments (none of which I can recall as being un-acceptable or offensive) I can't really see the beef.

It's abit like saying 'jedward' are shit they should die. haha.

I don't mind threads being locked if they're weeks old and conversation has died, but when it's still lurking the first few pages of 'new posts' it's almost obvious that it's of interest and keeping the ball rolling.

Will a simple, 'back on topic ladies' not do over laying down the hammer?

remember this is not aimed any-one. i'm just ranting :Smile:

11. Jor-don Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

LOL yeah true, some people were posting random cars, but some people were bringing it back on track. The thing is with a forum with this many members, you are bound to get some "fucktards" on here lol

can't really do much about it, doesnt mean threads should get locked all the time, makes the forum boring IMO

12. donzo Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

lolstance.

agree with closing the thread. its only annoying when i make a thread and it gets closed.

but that never happens.

so its cool.

13. Jasonday2007 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

get starting some lovely threaddage then donzey!

14. clive Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Why does it matter anyway?

The thread gets started, arguments happen, then bong water has his say, everyone bums him and his post count, then it gets locked

EDIT: IMO of course

15. Jor-don Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

HAHA brilliant!!

16. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Which threads were closed?! The stance thread was lame. LOL!

17. donzo Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

can we close this thread :Smile: pretty please?

18. Jor-don Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Lets go on a locking spree lol

19. Jasonday2007 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

close this thread, that would amazing....

you actually made me laugh Clive, you goon!

20. imran_akn Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

LOL at clive!

i don't have much of an opinion, but i have noticed that every time a thread is locked which people hadn't finished discussing/arguing.having a laugh at.. another thread is made very shortly after in memory of the original thread..(generaly where mods get it) so if its not offensive i say just let it be (my 2 pence)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.