thoughts

Discussion in '4th Generation (1988-1991)' started by Ali, Saturday 28th Nov, 2009.

1. Ali Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hey people from the newr generation. iv not long been with honda i own a EJ coupe but im thinking of becoming a member off the older generation of hondas iv got one im looking at a ef and i have a few plans but unsure if it will work or not. i was thinking a new / old look with the ef with a brake upgrade is this possable.? and i wonderd is i possable to get new bumpers and how easy isit to get a JDM rear bumper for the ef?

hopfully i get some replys and some good comments thanks

2. Razmataz Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

As well as here 4GUk and CR-X-UK are good places for the EFs.

3. dida4g Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

The most important thing is RUST, don't settle.

71501-SH3-J01ZZ is the JDM rear bumper part No, takes about 8 weeks to come.

The common big brake upgrade is a very good, you'll need VT hubs if you buy a D-series car.

Join both forums mentioned above, treat them like a library though.

4. Ali Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

isit me being dumb lol thats a part number ofcorse but where abouts for ? and thanks for the posts to help me along :Smile:

5. Ali Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

isit me being dumb lol thats a part number ofcorse but where abouts for ? and thanks for the posts to help me along :Smile:

6. Jim Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

for the JDM rear bumper, go see honda, give em that and

7. Jim Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

for the JDM rear bumper, go see honda, give em that and

8. Ali Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

sweet thanks for your help is there any other bits i can get from there like sir parts ?

9. Ali Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

sweet thanks for your help is there any other bits i can get from there like sir parts ?

10. dida4g Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Keep your eye on Ebay.com really as well as 4GUK and CR-X-UK.

There is a Trader on CR-X-UK doing fiberglass lips, called fiberworks.

Folding mirrors are on there too.

11. dida4g Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Keep your eye on Ebay.com really as well as 4GUK and CR-X-UK.

There is a Trader on CR-X-UK doing fiberglass lips, called fiberworks.

Folding mirrors are on there too.

12. Ali Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks mate you have been very helpfull. i have another ? here where is the best pleace to get coilovers and jw here would shocks fit from a 5gen Civic or dose it have to be 4gen thanks

13. Jim Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

meister R for coilys,

5th Generation susp does fit but don't buy some, the front shocks on a EG are 40mm longer than ef's,

14. Ali Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

oh right thats quite alot for coils i won't a set of budget coilovers :Tongue: its the credit crunch but i got my brothers old car now ef for 300pound :Smile:

15. EGplease Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

when is comes to suspension, tyres and brakes don't ever go budget and a good quote im now living by is ' buy cheap buy twice' :Smile:

16. jscivic Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

waaaaaay! nail on the head. EGplease do you remember your old EG? well paull put some proppa proppa cheap ebay jobby coilovers on that and look what happened to it :Frown:

moral of the story is don't be a cheap skate :Smile:

17. Ali Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

well you try and insure buy and tune a car on job seekers mate :Tongue: haha ... im looking for a job atm :Grin: its hard to get the money 500pound for set coils is alot off money. but i will buy most prb if my insure pay out but unsure as they just canaled it ;;/

18. dida4g Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have PI shocks and springs(-40mm), cost me

19. Ali Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks mate but i'm wanting to go lower than that :Smile: but thats my own thoughts :Grin: my brother has his coupe 120mm lowerd on 16s so i thinking about going to 80 to 100 if i can :Tongue: low as hell

20. Ali Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

befor i go to bed :Tongue: i was thinking the car i got will need a new cluch anyone have any idears of a good ish cluch for me to buy not too pricey but not to cheap and the kid said never go budget :Smile: