Thinking of selling the Civic!!

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by PooM, Monday 14th Dec, 2009.

1. PooM CivicLife Founder ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Steve Horsham
    Hey peeps

I think the time has come where I should cut my losses and move on to something different. I know, I know.. its an end of an era! :Frown:

I want to ask you guys opinion first, as far as selling goes. What do you think I will get for it and will it sell easily? etc.

The current state of the car is a bit shabby, but I will be putting the best part of

2. Bong Guest

Once the thought has popped into your mind you won't get rid of it

I would say don't spend a grand on it just to sell it, thats pointless, sell it as it is for less IMO much less hassle

You can get nice standard EM1's from

3. James Rowe Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just sort the front bumper dude and sell it on. So last night at the coffee place wasn't just a fad then on PH using your iPhone. :Tongue:

4. aji621 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Adam Colchester
    Id break it mate, the spec list is huge, but u know, if it just don't feel right anymore....

what would be next..?

5. scottboy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Its worth more in bits man, break it up. This way you don't have to pile dead money into it to get it to a sellable state

6. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i agre break it dude. cars just don't seem to be selling at mo. and i doubt your gonna wanna let it go for a cut down price.

what yoiu got your eye on next?

7. Fong Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Like u said yourself last night you can't be fucked with it I reckon you should sell it as it is or take it to Honda to sort it's problems out so the new owner wouldn't need to worry about anything!

8. James Rowe Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

On a second thought, take abit of time over a month or so and break it up mate.

9. si8pny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

you will get more money breaking it for parts than selling as a whole.

plus its a crap time to sell a car

10. Site Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

how much for the rear brace exactly what i want :Tongue: if you break anyway :Tongue: but yer i think selling it as whole would annoy you...maybe best to break to attempt to make the most money back then sell the car standard....

11. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Maximum cash extraction = breakage..

Will be an end of an era.. Must have been a tough decision to let go..

Good luck.. :Smile:

12. PooM CivicLife Founder ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Only thing is, will take me ages to break the car and would be carless for ages.

Tell me if any of this looks out of place...

Engine/Gearbox

- B16A2 1.6l DOHC VTEC, B18C4 Tubular Manifold, Gripforce 6-puck clutch, Gripforce lightened & balanced flywheel -

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 14th Dec, 2009
  13. Site Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

the brace is 200 quid new....160/170 after x-mas?? if so I will snap it up quicker than a hooker gets aids....

14. Gav_ek4 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

everything sounds near enough spot on give or take 10 or 20 quid here and there :Smile:

15. PooM CivicLife Founder ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Site, bare in mind the rear brace has been in the car for like 2 months and the front one hasnt been fitted yet. :Smile:

I also have a b18c4 for sale that needs a bottom end build, how much?

16. Bong Guest

Just grit your teeth and deal with public transport for the boring winter months and save some cash, thats what i'm doing, it will be worth it in the end

Think about it, rest of December will go quick, time off late December early Jan to get started, rest of January and Febuary are boring anyway and going out is shit as its to cold and no ones out because everyones skint, perfect time IMO

17. Site Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

but im uber cool p00m :Grin: I should just get cool discount :Messed:

18. Vince Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Will be a shame, but you will make more from breaking. On the plus side you won't have to see someone drive around and probably wreck your Civic.

19. Prince Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorry if this is off topic, but if you sold your Civic, would you not run CivicLife anymore?

20. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Remember seeing this last night...Shame that you are deciding to sell up but as everyone's saying, breaking it in will get you the most dosh and if you're after a decent EM1 as you were saying last night then get together the most money out of this you can and go for it with the EM..

Anyways, good luck with whatever you decide to do man :Grin: