these coilovers?

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by jdm-mike, Monday 9th Nov, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdm-mike Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

hi guys saw these on flea bay and was wondering if anyone has brought a set or if it's worth parting with 200 quid for them.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COILOVER-HONDA-Civic-ADJUSTABLE-SUSPENSION_W0QQitemZ250524449611QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3a546bbb4b

2. Gary. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

3. NathanH Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I hada set like these on my old EG,not the best ride but better than sleeves. I had the hotuning (Ta Technixs) ones.

I'd heard really bad things about them,but I did my research and the vw boys seem to rate them quite highly so I bought some. Fitting was a bit of a chore,had to go find some new lca bolts as the ones supplied were wrong and I'd snapped mine getting the old set off. The springs were not marked up at all,so I assumed the tighter wound one would be for the front.....wrong! lol

Adjustment is way over stated,they only go down to around -65 to -70mm The 120mm they state is +50mm to -70mm ish....

I can't say what they are like long term because I sold the car a few weeks later,but build quality semmed ok (not great,not bad)

If you can only afford

4. Ash-310 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

5. I B LOUD Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

These are great quality products. I would buy like 3 or 4 sets of them so just on the slim chance they go wrong you have some spares around.

6. Ash-310 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

is that sarcasm alan man?? i need you to hook me up with a few bits. you will have pm :Smile:

7. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

see that 200 quid....you'd be better taking it and setting it on fire...

8. jordanlw Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom
    Dude, seriously buy some MeisterR's. They rock, and for 500 quid you can't go wrong.

As with everything in this life, you get what you pay for.

J

9. Callum. Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

10. MeisterR Commercial Services Trader

How many different names have these thing gone by now?

Tuning Leader, Hot Tuning, UKNo1Tuning...

Lets look at the "Ad"

All coilover systems include high grade aluminum pillow mounts further enhancing overall control.

Anyone see a top mount there? I don't? As far as I know, you need to reuse your standard top mount.

* Height can be adjusted without affecting shock stroke length.

Lie, that is a property of dual perch coilovers such as MeisterR Zeta-S coilovers.

Single Perch coilovers as seen on their ad lose "shock stroke" when you lower the ride height; they also change the spring pre-load at the same time.

In a "performance" sense, I doubt they are any good.

In a "business" sense, if they cannot even list "specification" of their products correctly or truthfully, then I wouldn't consider spending my money with them.

11. Callum. Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

You've thought this one through

12. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

thing is though, Joe Public will just suck all that right up like a sponge because its all Jargon...

13. likekites Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

haha

mike would you trust your life unto 200 pound suspension? because i wouldn't

14. MeisterR Commercial Services Trader

Yep, sadly that is the case.

But I guess most "Joe Public" who are only going to spend

15. tombowman12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

another

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 10th Nov, 2009
  16. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

17. MeisterR Commercial Services Trader

I understand that everyone isn't out looking for "all out performance". But sometime good suspension isn't about "Performance", but "Enjoyment".

But there is a difference between:

Slamming your car with a smile on your face every time you see a bendy country road with a national speed limit sign next to it. :cool:

vs...

Slamming your car and gritting your teeth in pain knowing that you are going to be punish every time you see a rough country road. :Frown:

The best car is one that you can drive confidently, and a bad suspension setup will take away that confident making the car less enjoyable to drive.

18. PittStop Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

MeisterR's all the way, I've got the old stiffer ones, and i love them, even though they make me need a wee every 10 minutes of driving my car :Tongue:

but thats civiclife.net y0!

trutst me , 500 isnt as much as it seems, i am on a

19. NathanH Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

20. PittStop Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.