The limit of what you can justify on your car?

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by DanF, Monday 14th Dec, 2009.

1. DanF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I found mine today.

Thought I was going to spend 350 pounds on a carbon lip today, came to the end and they said yeah with VAT and the little price change that 440!!

Im sorry but no. I can't do that 440 quid on a carbon lip which I will inevitably smash to pieces on a speedbump.

2. Gary. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just do it, stop poofing out. Learn how to drive over speedbumps if you don't want to smash your lip lol.

3. EGplease Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

im a bargin masta so i won't really pay alot for anything if its expensive ill wait lol

everything i want at the moment is 30 to 50 quid..

but the turbo set up in the spring will be no expensive spared :Grin:

4. billy786_1988 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Vat is set to return to 17.5% aswell so you should have gone for it :Tongue: . People who pay silly money for a gruppe M on EP3's :O

5. MeisterR Commercial Services Trader

I found that limit with my GTR all the time!

"WHAT??? How can this cheap little clip cost

6. DanF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I really want to, don't get me wrong I love the lip but its just like that money could be spent elsewere doing more important things.

modifying cars is expensive hobby

7. Porker New Member Getting Started

You're growing up.

It's inevitable. I used to be all like 'Fuck it, whatever'

Now, I'm like 'I could use that money a lot better'

8. Mabs Kadir Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

to be honest i would neva in a million years spend that amount of moeny on a lip!! to be honest as the old saying think think you got more money than sense mate. but if you want it you should of gone ofr it as the other memeber said the VAT goes up

9. Togger Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

haha i know that one! I think like that all the time. im trying to save for an S2000 but keep getting tempted by goodies. I always think, thats

10. Blair Guest

Yup. I think we wud all agree !

11. Pearse Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

V-power, thats about it for now lol its so tempting to run morrisons 95 lol

12. Mabs Kadir Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

i mean don't get me wrong the cars that some of the guys do up here are awsome, ut the amount of cash that they spend on it, they could of got a better car. but meh, im just gettin old and have seen my ways, i just look at my car and see " what a waste of money"

13. Loony Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You pay for what you get...learned that so many times :Tongue: buy cheap shit, and you end up paying twice, so might as well do it once but proper.

Although an expensive front lip will smash just as good as a cheap one, get a poly one..they tend to last longer

14. DanF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Totally agree. Iv had my fair share of cheap tat and Iv been burnt by it.

So Iv maintaind if im going to do something do it properly. This is just one thing I am struggling to do.

I can't find any poly ones. Although I havnt looked lol

15. 689r Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Iv spent nearly 6k in 13 months on a ten year old Civic haha.

Fuck it.

If I had a fulltime job, id have spent alot more Kswapping it. And im sure when am 23 or whatever and driving an evo/scoob etc il be spending even more haha.

EDIT: to original poster, why not have have your car at a decent ride height then and you won't smash it up

16. DanF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Its not that low at the moment. It just the speed bumps by work are stupid big. They are on a private road even standard cars scrape on them

17. pattys civic ep3 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

if i totted up how much since I've been into hondas that I've spent it would easily reach 40k including buying the cars! a full c west kit on my old coupe was the most i could spend to be honest and then my misses twatted into me!!

no gain in modding cars for me any more altho i still love honda im all for keeping it maintained and minty fresh!! fuck ringing up insurance companies declaring mods and paying more for what you love! and fuck going over speed bumps at 0 mph and looking a total weiner!!

thats just my opinion don't hate me for it lol

18. Jasonday2007 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

id park earlier and walk the extra bit to work

(or be pimp and have a chopper on the roof to hop on)

I always search for bargains and when it is a must go for brands (tyres, suspension, brakes) ya know, the things that could cost you your life.

but when it comes to lips etc, as long as the replica is a good fit, i couldn't care less.

generally i've gone off carbon and I think lips look better colour coded so it'd be a waste of money if the 'bling' of carbon is a factor towards the purchase.

19. pattys civic ep3 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

replica parts and a nice holiday with the misses> real parts (thel get nicked or twatted up any way)

20. Jasonday2007 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i dunno about a nice holiday with the misses,

but spending abit less on some parts that are still quality from a reputable seller like funky power or tegiwa.

The change you've got from not buying some over priced labelled part (probably made in the same factory anyway)

can go towards another trendy trick mod :Smile:

(rota's don't count as quality reps either :Wink: sorry, i had to go there )